Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Care to share? It'd be cool if you could post whether you got an offer or not (and if so, what it is) so we can compare the successful applicants' scores with the unsuccessful ones.

My results were appauling. I'm not at all surprised about the rejection now.

ReputationRep:
    You should share first, really. Quid pro quo, Clarice.

p.s. Bad luck.

ReputationRep:
    i got 47 and got a place...have no idea how that compares to everyone else...

ReputationRep:
    I got 45 and a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    I got 50 and got a place... but I got 54 last year and got a rejection heheh.

ReputationRep:
    49 and a rejection. Still debating whether I should give it another shot and reapply...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.not.a.robot)
    49 and a rejection. Still debating whether I should give it another shot and reapply...
    Does it mean that much to you? Judging by the results people here got, the ELAT wasn't a massive factor in their rejection/acceptance.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know - hence the debating. My ELAT result isn't really a factor in that though, I know they only really use it to decide who to call up for interview. I guess I'm still stuck in limbo mostly because I haven't received any other offers yet. Hopefully I can decide what to do in the next few weeks when my other choices start making their decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it be better to ask who got an interview and who didn't? After all, the interview takes precedence over the ELAT or anything else if you get one, so the results are unlikely to be the major factor in a successful application.

ReputationRep:
    48 and an offer

ReputationRep:
    51, rejection. (post interview, gap year student with equivalent of A*A*Aa)

ReputationRep:
    48, no interview, rejection.

ReputationRep:
    Last year: 33 = interview and then rejection
    This year: 45 = interivew and then an offer

ReputationRep:
    Last year: 38, interview, rejection
    This year: 48, interview, rejection

whoops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chebanana)
    Wouldn't it be better to ask who got an interview and who didn't? After all, the interview takes precedence over the ELAT or anything else if you get one, so the results are unlikely to be the major factor in a successful application.
    I am asking because the ELAT results were released today. A thread for those who received interview already exists.

ReputationRep:
    48 and offer. (Last year I got 44 and rejection) Does anyone know if there's a graph available again like last year showing the spread of results? And what were the bands?

ReputationRep:
    59 and an offer. My goodness, I can confidently say that I do not like whisky and coke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuntimagee)
    59 and an offer. My goodness, I can confidently say that I do not like whisky and coke.
    Woah nice one

42 and a rejection pre interview

Edit: to those of you who did well, (either a high score or an offer) how did you go about preparing for the elat?

ReputationRep:
    42 and rejection pre interview, 43 was the band cut off. Did anyone get a score less than 43 and get an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The English Kiwi)
    42 and rejection pre interview, 43 was the band cut off. Did anyone get a score less than 43 and get an interview?
    I did. :dontknow:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.