Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hannnnnaah)
    I think the case this year was that there were like thousands of applicants for a hundred or so places, higher than other years. My teacher got a letter about it as no one at our school (minus one) got an interview from oxford, and I think it might be to do with numbers at least partly.
    Yeah, I think applications did go up this year. I got a letter from the college I applied to a couple of week ago saying that they had to reject lots of people because competition was fiercer than usual this year etc, so I suppose it's to be expected that they would reject lots of impressive people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannnnnaah)
    I think the case this year was that there were like thousands of applicants for a hundred or so places, higher than other years. My teacher got a letter about it as no one at our school (minus one) got an interview from oxford, and I think it might be to do with numbers at least partly.
    I guess thats kind of true, although a girl from my school applied for the same college with a lower ELAT score and worse grades and got an interview, so I'm a little confused. My reference was pretty good too, but my GCSE's weren't spectacular although I took a few early, and they could have just really not liked my personal statement or something.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how the scores work - what is it out of kind of thing? Know I have no place to post here tho, soz!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    Just wondering how the scores work - what is it out of kind of thing? Know I have no place to post here tho, soz!
    It's out of 60

ReputationRep:
    So I'm an idiot and completely forgot to even check my score after my rejection. Only realised when I say this thread. I'm trying to register, but it won't let me because it says my date of birth isn't valid

I'm putting in 19/10/1991 like it says and even tried selecting it off the calendar but to no avail. Help?! I really want to know now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethanW)
    So I'm an idiot and completely forgot to even check my score after my rejection. Only realised when I say this thread. I'm trying to register, but it won't let me because it says my date of birth isn't valid

I'm putting in 19/10/1991 like it says and even tried selecting it off the calendar but to no avail. Help?! I really want to know now!
    Hmmmmm... I remember having this problem as well, but eventually it just went through. Perhaps keep trying? Lame advice, I know, but it's what worked for me.

ReputationRep:

I made the same mistake you did at first. I think it wants your birth year, so 1991, as opposed to your birth date. But I'm not entirely sure so sorry if thats not right :confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

If you can't do it by registering yourself, you can ring/email the place you took the exam at, as they should have your result

ReputationRep:

I had this problem as well. You have to use IE or firefox, it doesn't like opera or chrome.

ReputationRep:
    My friend got into St. Johns this year with a score of 38.

ReputationRep:
    51/60 (I did get an offer, from St John's).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin gets a snakebite)
    You may be looking for this thread! (This one is about a year old. )

ReputationRep:

This thread is over 2 years old and there's a new thread on ELAT scores on the first page of the Oxford Uni section.

...but carry on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaymee)
    You may be looking for this thread! (This one is about a year old. )
    ah... um... sorry, basically (I searched 'ELAT' whilst forgetting about things like 'time').

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copacetic)
    My friend got into St. Johns this year with a score of 38.
    I've got an offer from St John's with a score of 51; I only realised the ELAT results were out when I remembered someone set up a fresher's group for St John's, and I saw there was one for English students, and then I saw everyone had posted their scores... anyway.

ReputationRep:
    ah... um... sorry, basically (I searched 'ELAT' whilst forgetting about things like 'time').
    Hehe no worries. You are by no means the first!

ReputationRep:
    My friend got 56 with 12A*s at GCSE and predicted A/A*s at A-level (and a D1 in English) but got rejected post interview!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chair12345)
    My friend got 56 with 12A*s at GCSE and predicted A/A*s at A-level (and a D1 in English) but got rejected post interview!!
    Which college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!
    I also applied to St. John's, but was rejected... I may have met you at interview though. Were you in the first or second batch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fever skin)
    Congratulations!
    I also applied to St. John's, but was rejected... I may have met you at interview though. Were you in the first or second batch?
    You may well - I was in the first batch, and I managed to hang around from 5pm Sunday until just after lunch on Wednesday! At some points I was wearing a bobble hat. Sorry to hear that! If I met you then, along with everyone else I talked to, I thought you were nice!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.