The Student Room Group

ELAT results

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
50 and an interview - but ended up with a rejection.

I think I mucked up the interview quite a bit though...especially as I forgot the important first line of 'Pride & Prejudice' which I was meant to be discussing. They asked me about it and I just totally blanked with the nerves :eek: .... Still, at least I can laugh about it :biggrin:
50, interview, rejection
Reply 82
35 and an interview and a rejection

Personally, I think they ****ed up in giving me an interview and felt too mean to tell me :p:
Reply 83
50, interview, rejection. I can't believe I got 50 though - I think someone must have made a mistake there :s-smilie:
Reply 84
Original post by misshape
35 and an interview and a rejection

Personally, I think they ****ed up in giving me an interview and felt too mean to tell me :p:

I think it means that the interviewers (who, if I'm not mistaken, also read your ELAT) didn't agree with that score. Or otherwise it must mean that your overall application was so amazing that they just had to meet you in person, despite the fact that you didn't do yourself justice in the ELAT :yes:
47, interview, offer. Not a bad mark, but not astounding. I don't think I'll ever understand the theory behind Oxford admissions.
Original post by Quintessence42
47, interview, offer. Not a bad mark, but not astounding. I don't think I'll ever understand the theory behind Oxford admissions.

Almost the same, but 44, not 47. I hope it's not arrogant to say that I expected I'd done better- my interviews were shocking, and I'd only rationalised this by thinking my ELAT had dragged me up. Really confused now...
Reply 87
54, had an interview, but got a rejection :frown: Applied for English and Classics. Still, I did it on a whim, I'm 16, a regular state schooled Irish bumpkin, and I haven't "officially" studied Classics, or any of the classical languages.
I think it was because one interview went terribly - the interviewer seemed to think Irish was the main language of Ireland. Sigh.
Hopefully I'll do an Oxford postgrad one day.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by Ideot
54, had an interview, but got a rejection :frown: Applied for English and Classics. Still, I did it on a whim, I'm 16, a regular state schooled Irish bumpkin, and I haven't "officially" studied Classics, or any of the classical languages.
I think it was because one interview went terribly - the interviewer seemed to think Irish was the main language of Ireland. Sigh.
Hopefully I'll do an Oxford postgrad one day.

Wow, that's a really good score! Don't forget that it is ridiculously difficult to get a place to study combined honours - this score proves that, even though you didn't get in now, you have a real talent for English :smile: Getting as far as the interview stage with that little experience in Classics and at 16 (I'm feeling really old now) is quite an achievement :yep:
Reply 89
Original post by Ambs
Wow, that's a really good score! Don't forget that it is ridiculously difficult to get a place to study combined honours - this score proves that, even though you didn't get in now, you have a real talent for English :smile: Getting as far as the interview stage with that little experience in Classics and at 16 (I'm feeling really old now) is quite an achievement :yep:

Thanks Ambs :tongue: Yeah I guess I was pushing my luck - there was only one place! I keep thinking "what if I had just applied for English..." but I do like Greeky stuff :wink:
Well, I guess I'm in the same "age group" as you, so don't feel old! By some weird fluke I'm a year or two younger than everyone in my school year.

But still, it was a nice ELAT - the language theme was groovy, and the interview experience was fantabulous :borat:
59, interview, rejection. I still don't think my interviews were horrific, but I guess they must've been...
Reply 91
Original post by Ideot
Thanks Ambs :tongue: Yeah I guess I was pushing my luck - there was only one place! I keep thinking "what if I had just applied for English..." but I do like Greeky stuff :wink:
Well, I guess I'm in the same "age group" as you, so don't feel old! By some weird fluke I'm a year or two younger than everyone in my school year.

But still, it was a nice ELAT - the language theme was groovy, and the interview experience was fantabulous :borat:

No, I really am a lot older than you :tongue: 21!
Reply 92
Original post by Misericorde
59, interview, rejection. I still don't think my interviews were horrific, but I guess they must've been...

:eek: Wow, I didn't even know people got that kind of score! Congratulations!
I really don't think it means that your interviews must've gone horrific. I think the ELAT is only there to decide who can go for an interview - from there on, it's only about your interview performance. Just my opinion though, I might be wrong!
But gettin 59 sure means that you are very talented, so congrats :smile:
45, interview, rejection :smile:

I didn't know combined honours were harder to get into! I'm not trying to excuse myself because the interviews were shyte and that's not a great ELAT score.. but yeah. If I'd known, I might've applied for just English lol
Reply 94
Original post by Ambs
No, I really am a lot older than you :tongue: 21!

Oh, whoops sorry - I'll go for a cliché and say "Age is but a number, my dear" :cool:
But now I think of it, 5 years ago I was 11... I was a baby! You must think of me as a complete youngling - which in perspective, I probably am. 5 years is a lot of extra life.
Reply 95
Original post by Ideot
Oh, whoops sorry - I'll go for a cliché and say "Age is but a number, my dear" :cool:
But now I think of it, 5 years ago I was 11... I was a baby! You must think of me as a complete youngling - which in perspective, I probably am. 5 years is a lot of extra life.

When I was in Oxford nobody noticed I was older, until I actually told them and they didn't believe me :tongue: Which is good, actually - I really hate being so much older than everyone else. Five years sounds like more than it actually is though. I haven't changed a bit since I was 18!
Original post by Cee_eye_owen_aye
Almost the same, but 44, not 47. I hope it's not arrogant to say that I expected I'd done better- my interviews were shocking, and I'd only rationalised this by thinking my ELAT had dragged me up. Really confused now...

i feel exaaactly the same - i got 45... was truly expecting something better so now i'm a little worried my offer was a huuuge mistake on their part :confused:
Reply 97
Original post by Ambs
When I was in Oxford nobody noticed I was older, until I actually told them and they didn't believe me :tongue: Which is good, actually - I really hate being so much older than everyone else. Five years sounds like more than it actually is though. I haven't changed a bit since I was 18!

Hmm. 18 is still two years away from me yet. I feel the same as when I was 14... Only slightly less obsessive and psychotic. Probably.
Reply 98
Original post by chair12345
My friend got 56 with 12A*s at GCSE and predicted A/A*s at A-level (and a D1 in English) but got rejected post interview!!

haha we're practically twins:
I got 56 too, 13 A*s at GCSe, predicted A*s and A-level and got rejected post interview :frown: im really glad though haha!
I just found out that I got a 49 in the ELAT. I'm really happy with that, but I didn't even get an interview... I really can't understand why, I mean, I know 49 isn't spectacular, but it's pretty good, I've got A's and A*s at GCSE and I'm predicted 2 A*s and an A at A-Level. Stupid Oxford, they might have liked me if I'd got an interview! Haha :smile: Hey ho, plenty more good unis out there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending