(Original post by 100% Blade)
    Do girls like sarcastic boys?
    can we have a bit more information please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    can we have a bit more information please
    sure..

Sarcasm...

-A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
    -A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    sure..

Sarcasm...

-A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
    that was really helpful

ReputationRep:
    I find that often girls llike it, and boys don't actually mean what they say which the more intelligent girls understand.

ReputationRep:
    Well, only in mild doses. We don't want a boy being sarcastic in every other sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Well, only in mild doses. We don't want a boy being sarcastic in every other sentence.
    Or a boy who is sarcastic to the girl in question.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, I can understand that. But in some cases, I think it does give people a lift!

ReputationRep:
    Most girls dont have a sense of humour. Only the really really nice girls are able to understand the finer points of sarcasm. Its like when your in a club and a girl your taking the piss out of thinks that you are flirting with her. This form of girl should be quickly disposed of as she is known to the likes of me as "trash"! Only pretty sophisticated girls, usually not the ones in nightclubs, are able to understand the nessecity a male has for sarcasm.

The End.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Most girls dont have a sense of humour. Only the really really nice girls are able to understand the finer points of sarcasm. Its like when your in a club and a girl your taking the piss out of thinks that you are flirting with her. This form of girl should be quickly disposed of as she is known to the likes of me as "trash"! Only pretty sophisticated girls, usually not the ones in nightclubs, are able to understand the nessecity a male has for sarcasm.

The End.

WELL SAID MY FRIEND!

ReputationRep:

The End.

I actually like guys with sarcasm, they have a much greater sense of humour which is perfect cos they make you laugh.lol They're cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    I actually like guys with sarcasm, they have a much greater sense of humour which is perfect cos they make you laugh.lol They're cool
    So you agree?

ReputationRep:
    sure.
    a guy who can be sarcastic shows he's got some brains about him. But of course, he shouldn't come across as a pompous jerk. overly sarcastic people are just boring.

ReputationRep:
    Sarcasm: the lowest form of wit??? So long as it is used in small doses (as all of you have said), I don't think it should be branded that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    sure..

Sarcasm...

Ohhhhhhhhhh...got to give some positive rep for that.

+1

a.

ReputationRep:
    Most girls dont have a sense of humour.
    Gosh that's a bit of an extreme generalisation. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Well, it has to be said, in my experience anyway!
    All the guys who read this should agree with me!

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Uh no! That certainly doesn't apply, always. Yes, there's serious girls, just like boys. But, without being too modest...I have a sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    i knew sum girls would dispute that ...

i think non-Brits dont get sarcasm, and that blokes use it more than girls... but that doesnt mean girls dont like it... my sis uses it all the time

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.