Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think I understand and appreciate sarcasm from time to time! lalala.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Gosh that's a bit of an extreme generalisation. :rolleyes:
    So is saying that Durham is an Oxbridge rejects' Uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    So is saying that Durham is an Oxbridge rejects' Uni.
    Oh god not this again. PEOPLE have created the stereotype - not me. Give up!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god not this again. PEOPLE have created the stereotype - not me. Give up!!!!
    So please don't go along with the stereotype .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king of swords)
    So please don't go along with the stereotype .
    Well, the statistics and general feedback from the forum about Durham are convincing me

ReputationRep:
    Well, the statistics and general feedback from the forum about Durham are convincing me
    Well i think i'm right in saying that Tek agrees with me and also from what I've heard from a friend at Durham for two years already .

ReputationRep:
    Well i think i'm right in saying that Tek agrees with me amd also from what I've heard from a friend at Durham for two years already .
    Make sure your sources are credible. You know only ONE person at Durham. And Tek isn't even doing A2 - what does he know?

I have the support of many on the forum. I made a poll and most people agreed with me.

Hear hear to me!

ReputationRep:
    Make sure your sources are credible. You know only ONE person at Durham. And Tek isn't even doing A2 - what does he know?

I have the support of many on the forum. I made a poll and most people agreed with me.

Hear hear to me!
    Well in that case I'll just wait until I go to an oxbridge reject free Durham and report back (largely oxbridge free that is).

ReputationRep:
    Well in that case I'll just wait until I go to an oxbridge reject free Durham and report back (largely oxbridge free that is).
    But then you'll be biased because everyone loves their uni as already pointed out. Ok then, we'll see....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 100% Blade)
    Do girls like sarcastic boys?
    depends on how sarcastic they really are. If there too sarcy, then thats annoying but otherwise, sarcy is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    depends on how sarcastic they really are. If there too sarcy, then thats annoying but otherwise, sarcy is good.
    Yes, a bit of sarcasm here and there is good. But if they say it in a moody way then it's, well, not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Yes, a bit of sarcasm here and there is good. But if they say it in a moody way then it's, well, not good.
    exactly! i hate it when guys are sarcastic in a moody way. Its piss take!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    exactly! i hate it when guys are sarcastic in a moody way. Its piss take!
    Yup, and a sign of weakness because they don't have a proper point to back up what they have to say.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, and a sign of weakness because they don't have a proper point to back up what they have to say.
    hence the fact that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Ok i dont think i like it too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    hence the fact that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Ok i dont think i like it too much
    And you don't always want a boy that is going to come back with a smart and cocky answer, although sometimes it's humorous.

ReputationRep:
    And you don't always want a boy that is going to come back with a smart and cocky answer, although sometimes it's humorous.
    thats a major problem i had with mylast boyfriend. Anything i said resulted in a humourless sarcastic answer. i was like ahhhhh shutuppp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    thats a major problem i had with mylast boyfriend. Anything i said resulted in a humourless sarcastic answer. i was like ahhhhh shutuppp!
    Lol. Yeah, I know what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Yeah, I know what you mean.
    its no wonder we're over now... *Anna starts to feel depressed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    its no wonder we're over now... *Anna starts to feel depressed*
    Cheer up! At least you've err learnt from your mistakes

ReputationRep:
    Cheer up! At least you've err learnt from your mistakes
    lol! my mistakes? it was alllll his fault...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.