Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Well, I don't think it's supposed to sort out the economy. Of course, I won't be supporting them either though!
    What i mean is there are more important things to think about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariadne)
    Good for them.
    If only all parties would do something productive to gain votes, rather than just promising the earth to their voters, then maybe the BNP wouldn't have such a scarily large backing in this country.

They may be twisted and sick, but you can't fault them for being the only party to actually address the concerns of a huge percentage of the population.
    But all they do is promise the earth to the electorate, that is why they have a large backing despite that most of their policies are impractical and contradictive

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think he was clearing the path of his own home?

ReputationRep:
    How many ethnic houses did they clear? Jesus this is why voters can be stupid, they clear people snow= economic competence and right to run the country.

ReputationRep:
    The recent inflation in haddock pricing.
    Well I'm sorry but there are two answers you can get in this discussion:
    1. Yay! See the BNP are good!
    2. It's all just for publicity! Ignore it!
    :facepalm:
    I just don't get how this can be turned into a debate :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I did the exact same thing with the Tories. I imagine most parties with aspirations were at it up and down the country.

ReputationRep:
    wow the bnp shovelled some snow lets all vote for them in may

:rolleyes:

The fact they did this shows **** all about their potential ability to run a country.
    Anyone who votes for the bnp is a **** in my book, but especially if they choose to vote for them because of this.

ReputationRep:
    I bet they only helped the white straight people. *******. I can shovel some snow, obviously i should run the country :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Well I'm sorry but there are two answers you can get in this discussion:
    1. Yay! See the BNP are good!
    2. It's all just for publicity! Ignore it!

I just don't get how this can be turned into a debate
    Or we could get serious analyses of probable/possible effects of such stunts; or comparisons between the parties in terms of public relations/perceptions; or discussions of whether acts of beneficence can, to any degree, negate morally controversial beliefs; or arguments regarding needs of the elderly and/or the impressionability of the elderly in particular, i.e. whether the elderly are being exploited or not, a closely linked point being the increased probability of an elderly person voting in the general election compared to the general population; or a debate on the level to which politicians[-to-be] should allowed be to influence the electorate through the distribution of goods/services... The list is endless.

ReputationRep:
    It's not good enough, though. They don't have Boris Johnson (or Big Boz, as he is known).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarinaM)
    It'd be the first time they wanted to remove something white, wouldn't it? :p:
    Haha, good one. :rofl:

I would of thought they'd like it all white, quite surprised by this move by the BNP. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    As this article shows, they're not all that bad at PR, and it'd be a schoolboy mistake to allow loads of negative comments to flood their own website. Indeed, there's also the issue of BNP members/supporters being more likely to view the BNP website than anyone else.
    You think 4 pictures of a man shoveling 2cm of snow from a driveway is good PR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    They offered to paint my grandmother's fence once. Strangely enough, the offer didn't extend to her Asian neighbours.
    That is horrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taheki)
    You think 4 pictures of a man shoveling 2cm of snow from a driveway is good PR?
    I've seen worse PR. Cameron's billboard posters, for instance.

ReputationRep:
    Or we could get serious analyses of probable/possible effects of such stunts; or comparisons between the parties in terms of public relations/perceptions; or discussions of whether acts of beneficence can, to any degree, negate morally controversial beliefs; or arguments regarding needs of the elderly and/or the impressionability of the elderly in particular, i.e. whether the elderly are being exploited or not, a closely linked point being the increased probability of an elderly person voting in the general election compared to the general population; or a debate on the level to which politicians[-to-be] should allowed be to influence the electorate through the distribution of goods/services... The list is endless.

Pawned :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Wait didn't they want Britain to be while?? :confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.