Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel (New Spec) Physics Unit 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have practice questions and answers /tutorials/worksheets on these topics:
    DC Electricity
    Waves
    Standing Waves
    Nature of light (photoelectric effect)

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I 'm also doing and would l to have them

ReputationRep:
    http://cid-5432f573d3fc3f5a.skydrive.live.c om/self.aspx/.Public?authkey=wvpV!S3vvu4%24
    loads of questions with answers from past papers, sorted out into units and topics for the new sylabus, sorry that its slow to download
    couldn't have recomended a better form of revision
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    i cant download it since the server is overloaded . anyone got the file and possible to send to me?

ReputationRep:
    keep trying
    too big to send

ReputationRep:
    Please can you upload it to a different site e.g megaupload as rapidshare dosen't let me download it and ive been trying since yesterday
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man!!!
    Other dudes....
    go to rapid8.com and use the site to download....

Rapidshare is really screwing with us who don't have premium accounts ...

ReputationRep:
    does someone have the paper/

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon Edexcel exams may not be discussed until after 4.30AM GMT, as per the announcement at the top of the page. Thread locked.

ReputationRep:
    Reopened :yy:

ReputationRep:
    how was the exam

ReputationRep:
    i found its hard

ReputationRep:
    I thought the last question (with the table of values for resistance, emf, etc.) was pretty difficult, especially the last three parts. What did everyone get for what happens to the power when the emf and internal resistance are doubled?

Also, what did you get on the last part of the gold/silicon question? I just had to guess whether silicon had a positive or negative temperature coefficient - and guessed wrong . Are we supposed to know the temperature coefficients of different materials? It's not in the
    syllabus ...

Anyone got the paper? Perhaps Doughboy could drop in - he had the Unit 1 paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wooper)
    I thought the last question (with the table of values for resistance, emf, etc.) was pretty difficult, especially the last three parts. What did everyone get for what happens to the power when the emf and internal resistance are doubled?

Also, what did you get on the last part of the gold/silicon question? I just had to guess whether silicon had a positive or negative temperature coefficient - and guessed wrong . Are we supposed to know the temperature coefficients of different materials? It's not in the
    syllabus ...

Anyone got the paper? Perhaps Doughboy could drop in - he had the Unit 1 paper!
    i think it wasnt necessary to know the temperature coefficients...for what part of the question would you need that?

ReputationRep:
    How did you draw the diagram in the question about light and dark bands caused by interference after diffraction? I drew the wavefronts and marked in light and dark spots, but is that enough?

Can anyone remember what question 9 was? It was about refraction through a glass block, and it was multiple choice. Q10 asked for the refractive index; q9 was something using the same diagram.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredbraty)
    i think it wasnt necessary to know the temperature coefficients...for what part of the question would you need that?
    That was the last part, where they asked what happens to the resistance of the silicon as the temperature increases.

ReputationRep:
    How did you draw the diagram in the question about light and dark bands caused by interference after diffraction? I drew the wavefronts and marked in light and dark spots, but is that enough?

Can anyone remember what question 9 was? It was about refraction through a glass block, and it was multiple choice. Q10 asked for the refractive index; q9 was something using the same diagram.
    the refractive index of glass and it was 1.6

ReputationRep:
    That was the last part, where they asked what happens to the resistance of the silicon as the temperature increases.
    oh.............
    more electrons were free to move so the resistance of the silicon was decreasing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredbraty)
    the refractive index of glass and it was 1.6
    That was question 10. I was asking about question 9

ReputationRep:
    That was question 10. I was asking about question 9
    oh!if the speed of light increased or decreased...

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 12, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.