Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically, became really good friends with a girl at uni. we have both said that we liked each other, but last term she said she didn't want to start anything because she was worried that she would get back with her ex bf in the xmas holidays. even so, stuff happened between us several times.after every time, she'd say we should just be friends.
    got back to uni this week after txting her a lot less over the holidays thinking that i should just move on, but this week we have got really close again, and she keeps saying stuff like i think "we should have sleepovers so im not such a tragic single girl", and she said that whenever i get drunk i make a move, and i asked her if that was a bad thing, and she said "no, its made us closer", so i have no idea if these are hints or im getting the wrong end of the stick?? but then she'll keep mentioning her ex in a friendly way, so don't know whether to make a move tonight.
    if i get with her i want it to be because we are going to have a relationship, not just a one night thing. what do i do people???

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, it sounds like she's using you so as a friends with benefits so she isn't lonely.
    Make yourself heard and ask her what it is she wants from your relationship. If she just wants to be friends, let it be. But don't settle for "Oh, poor little me is so confused..." Have pride!

ReputationRep:
    I think she's confused and you need to decide whether you're happy with the way things are, are willing to wait for her to decide what she really wants or have other people who you might want to start a relationship with.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.