Turn on thread page Beta

AQA AS Law, Unit 2 - The Concept of Liability - 20 Jan 2010. watch

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else taking this?

I'm re-sitting it to improve from the B I got in the summer ...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? :eeK:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplyobsessed)
    Anyone? :eeK:
    I am!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neesh_27)
    I am!!
    Yay! Are you doing the Tort unit or Contract?

I'm doing contract..

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Are you doing the Tort unit or Contract?

I'm doing contract..
    Tort!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else taking this?

I'm re-sitting it to improve from the B I got in the summer ...
    Same - reckon I could potentially nail this. Easy exam, know all the stuff, just didn't realise what examiners were looking for last time.

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from doing this, I did the tort. Questions weren't that hard just time was the problem, how did anyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloecouture)
    Just got back from doing this, I did the tort. Questions weren't that hard just time was the problem, how did anyone else find it?
    Same as you, timing was a problem..

ReputationRep:
    I did this too, I spent 50 minutes on Criminal so was scribbling really fast on the Negligence side and was ruling off the answers and checking the numbers after the time had expired.

ReputationRep:
    which offence did you use for the criminal liability of ashok(cant remember the name properly? s47,20 or 18

ReputationRep:
    sc 47 for ashok!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris1089)
    which offence did you use for the criminal liability of ashok(cant remember the name properly? s47,20 or 18
    It wasn't S.20 or S.18, as it was only some bruising, which I'd call S.47. It could even have been battery, as if it was a minor bruise, it wouldn't interfere with the health and comfort of the victim much. The harm has to not be insignificant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teh User)
    It wasn't S.20 or S.18, as it was only some bruising, which I'd call S.47. It could even have been battery, as if it was a minor bruise, it wouldn't interfere with the health and comfort of the victim much. The harm has to not be insignificant.
    I asked my law teacher, an she said it was battery (S.39) occassionaing in ABH (S.47) so you had to mention both, and for the first one it was assault (S.39). I thought the exam was ok, but I was mad that they put a 7 mark question on coincidence, that was horrible :woo: , and the first question about omissions the basis of actus reus. I just talked about both tbh, didn't have a clue lol :eek3: . I messed up on 2 questions for tort, but apart from the I did well :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you had to mention both, as 'An assault or battery occasioning in ABH' is one offence (S.47, the definition of that offence). However, it can't have hurt to put both in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teh User)
    I don't think you had to mention both, as 'An assault or battery occasioning in ABH' is one offence (S.47, the definition of that offence). However, it can't have hurt to put both in.
    Well, if It's assalt occassioning in ABH you talk about both assault and ABH, and how the assualt as caused the ABH, and the same for battery. That' what we have always done anyway. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I just wanted to know that is Tort of negligence easier to revise than Law of Contract because i am going to be doing the Unit 2 exam of Law in June 2010 for AS. Please could somebody help me coz I needa know which ones the easiest to revise!

ReputationRep:
    I never did Contract Law, but it looked harder than Tort, although that might just be my eyes panicking at seeing a section 3 then realising I didn't have to do it.

ReputationRep:
    i made a few mistakes in that exam! didnt define actus reus in the first question but talked about omissions, however i did say about the general rule of law where you need the AR and the MR. do you think ill get the marks for that? in the tort paper i also said that that other lady who ran out her house could charge however she couldn't so damn. and time was trouble, was rushed but just made the end. for the last question on the tort paper i just described damages in megaaa detail but didnt apply to the people. would i get marks for that??
    ALSO, what did anyone write for the question on tort, what was the court procedure for that lady???? and what did anyone write for the criminal questions , the last 2??

ReputationRep:
    I found it fairly easy. Got an A 88/100.

ReputationRep:
    79/100, up from 71/100

Am annoyed, was expecting ~90%. Still, got 89% for my unit 1 resit so still got an A for AS overall now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.