Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

would it be weird for me to go out alone? Watch

I'm not really too friendly with my corridor, and even when I do go out with them, I usually end up by myself. They kind of just push me out or ignore me.
    I then usually end up bumping into people I know, or just pulling and going back to theirs/mine.

Anyway, it's either me going out alone now, or just sitting in every night alone. Although I do have friends on campus, they're all from different bits, so there's no single group I could get into.

Anyway, if you saw a girl alone out clubbing, would you find it weird and stay away from her?

ReputationRep:
    to be honest I'd like to see a girl on her own as I'd feel more confident talking to her as normally I'm too nervous. However, a girl on her own in the night can always be dangerous as you are probably aware.

However, I have seen some girls who appear to be alone in clubs at times.

ReputationRep:
    no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Anyway, if you saw a girl alone out clubbing, would you find it weird and stay away from her?
    Start the van now.

ReputationRep:
    the thing is, its alot easier to approach someone who is on there own, such as say hi can i buy you a drink ect... than if they are in a group. that is from the male point of view btw..

and of course safety would probably be an issue if you were travelling alone..

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't ever go out alone, mostly to do with safety, and my mum and dad definitely wouldn't let me cause of that! Besides it would be really boring!

ReputationRep:
    It won't be as much fun as goign out with freinds but better than sitting in your room by yourself. I nearly always end up loosing my mates at some point when out and end up talking with other random people or seing other people out i know. If your on your own there's probably more chance guys feel less intimidated to go and approach you aswell, I doub't you would be alone for much of the night.

If it was just heading to the student union, where it's bound to be pretty safe, would that be less weird?
    Also, I don't particularly enjoy clubbing as such, but I just feel very lonely and want some company. I'm also kind of worried that if I'm going out and just end up pulling I'm going to look like a slut.
    I kissed one boy last week and one of my hallmates called me a slut in front of lots of people, which was very hurtful.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to a gig on my own before, and it was just really awkward. I bumped into a couple of way younger girls I knew there, but they didn't really talk too much. Felt like a bit of a **** if I'm honest. I wouldn't do it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If it was just heading to the student union, where it's bound to be pretty safe, would that be less weird?
    Also, I don't particularly enjoy clubbing as such, but I just feel very lonely and want some company. I'm also kind of worried that if I'm going out and just end up pulling I'm going to look like a slut.
    I kissed one boy last week and one of my hallmates called me a slut in front of lots of people, which was very hurtful.
    go for it, your hallmates are idiots - mine were, ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    TBH that does not sound safe...

ReputationRep:
    I'd stay at home plotting revenge on my hall mate. But then i'm also probably not the best person to ask about this kinda thing...

ReputationRep:
    I'd feel really self-conscious going out by myself.

ReputationRep:
    Its can be boring on your own, but if your bored anyway then why not

ReputationRep:
    I'd have no problem doing that. Great way to meet new people, and if it's only the student union no problem.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.