Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fidel69)
    just talk to a few people..im sure if you're not a retard you'll find someone..at least one person

Haha well i'm fairly sure i'm not a retard so thanks for the assurance...

ReputationRep:
    Could someone tell me what freshers week is even like?

ReputationRep:
    I was lucky that a guy in my neighbouring flat was also on my course, my best friend from back home also happened to live in the same flat as him so we made friends very quickly I found it easy making other good friends on my course too. It's just luck really if you have anything in common with your flatmates and course people.

ReputationRep:
    DO join as many clubs, societies as you can... im regret because i didnt do it earlier
    vietdoan20062006

ReputationRep:
    My one point to make - If you want to drink, go to the SU bar at the uni, from my experience, su bars NEVER id

ReputationRep:
    I thought I wouldn't make friends.

Then I did.

Moral of the story: ANYONE can make friends at university.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it depends on the halls you're in and what the people around you are like, but i found that it was very easy to make friends on the first day i got to uni, building a strong group of friends within the first week!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.