Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey. anyone sitting for this paper? I didnt see a thread for Edexcel so I thought I'd start one..
    Any specific areas anyone is revising? Other than the whole unit, of course. lol
    did u guys sit for unit 1 and 3 as well? what did u think?

And Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i am sittin this if u are talking bout AQA yes.
    well obviously revising the whole thing.
    my weak areas for this paper iv gt to say is the easier stuff like remembering reacitons with halides -.-
    spent so long on metal extraction last year and everything else then there was 20 marks i lost cos i just blanked on the halide reactions with h2so4 and silver and ammonia
    I am sitting unit 4 on the 27th. i am poooing that :'(

ReputationRep:
    Eesh, chem2 is nasty. As is chem 4. And chem 5 for that matter...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it :yes: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Singh)
    my weak areas for this paper iv gt to say is the easier stuff like remembering reacitons with halides -.-
    spent so long on metal extraction last year and everything else then there was 20 marks i lost cos i just blanked on the halide reactions with h2so4 and silver and ammonia
    i was talking about edexcel actually but i guess they are pretty much the same. arent they?
    ohhh Good luck for unit 4! im taking unit 4,5,6 in june.. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shenali_93)
    Hey. anyone sitting for this paper? I didnt see a thread for edexcel so I thought I'd start one..
    Any special areas anyone is revising?
    did u guys sit for unit 1 and 3 as well? what did u think?
    I did one as well as 3 1 was hardWW

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting Unit 2 and doing unit 4 as well!

I think I'm alright with unit 2 stuff now, but unit 4 is gonna go unbelievably crap! I cant remember most of the mechanism, the calculations are difficult and the wording of the questions are rubbish too! In general, an all round fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doginthesky)

I think I'm alright with unit 2 stuff now, but unit 4 is gonna go unbelievably crap! I cant remember most of the mechanism, the calculations are difficult and the wording of the questions are rubbish too! In general, an all round fail
    what was your AS results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Black Knight)
    I did one as well as 3 1 was hardWW
    Unit 1 wasnt hard for me surprisingly except for maybe some 1 mark questions here and there.. 3B was the harder one out of the two for me...

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1 wasnt hard for me surprisingly except for maybe some 1 mark questions here and there.. 3B was the harder one out of the two for me...
    was it how much do expect for unit 1?

ReputationRep:
    was it how much do expect for unit 1?
    hopefully a high A... hopefully! or maybe just an A...

ReputationRep:
    hopefully a high A... hopefully! or maybe just an A...
    good luck which school are you from lol?

ReputationRep:

lmao, serious just nail unit 2 in the bum and ur'll be ok for a high B in unit 4.
    now unit 4........... all im not to keen on is the first 3 chapters on kentics/reactions that type of crap. i think the next 7 on mechanisms are all nicely realated with just most of it being either electrophilic subs, or nucleophillic addition. as for polyermisation. iv always found that easy, even from gcse. so its not as bad as u may think. especially if u going for medicin, u will b smart enough to cope. i want to aim for an overall A in every subj, but chem its just....the exam can go for you, or really really against you

ReputationRep:
    lmao, serious just nail unit 2 in the bum and ur'll be ok for a high B in unit 4.
    now unit 4........... all im not to keen on is the first 3 chapters on kentics/reactions that type of crap. i think the next 7 on mechanisms are all nicely realated with just most of it being either electrophilic subs, or nucleophillic addition. as for polyermisation. iv always found that easy, even from gcse. so its not as bad as u may think. especially if u going for medicin, u will b smart enough to cope. i want to aim for an overall A in every subj, but chem its just....the exam can go for you, or really really against you
    hey when ur trying for something as competitive as medicine, do resists count?

ReputationRep:
    good luck which school are you from lol?
    SBC.. u?

ReputationRep:
    maybe for the really competitive/outstandin unis such as imperial, and birmingham i think they do look at that. but thats for you to check out and me to have no idea about lol. sorry:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    what was your AS results?
    I got 5As overall, but i got a B in unit 2 chem, so resitting. I need to get an A overall for medicine, so i'm trying to get as many marks as possible

ReputationRep:
    Modular resits don't really count, unless you're applying to cambridge or something.. For medicine, the only type of resit they are bothered about is if you have to resit a whole year..

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    Well good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    Well good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us! :yes:
    ditto babe

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.