Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doginthesky)
    Modular resits don't really count, unless you're applying to cambridge or something.. For medicine, the only type of resit they are bothered about is if you have to resit a whole year..
    oh ok.. thanks alot!

ReputationRep:
    Who is on AQA for Chemistry?

11 chapters. 1 more day to go. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by time.to.dance)
    Who is on AQA for Chemistry?

11 chapters. 1 more day to go. :cry2:
    Im on AQA exam on thursday.

i've got everything revised for energetics, kinetics, equilibrium, redox etc etc, just metal extraction and a tad on halides to cover
    i scraped a C in this last year as my teacher pretty much skimmed over reaction mechanisms, then half the exam paper was free radicals and nucleophiles but this year i'm better prepared! so should be getting high B/low A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    Im on AQA exam on thursday.

i've got everything revised for energetics, kinetics, equilibrium, redox etc etc, just metal extraction and a tad on halides to cover
    i scraped a C in this last year as my teacher pretty much skimmed over reaction mechanisms, then half the exam paper was free radicals and nucleophiles but this year i'm better prepared! so should be getting high B/low A
    Oh hello

I'm really not happy about this exam :cry2: i haven't even looked at Analytical Techniques :argh:
    The part of organic that confuses me is the detailed mechanisms. Say we have an alkene and an electrophile, do we draw the two dots (representing the pair of electrons) right next to the double bond, or not? My teacher seems to contradict the marking scheme.. i'm soo confused :pinch: What do you say? Do we draw them when the arrow points from the double bond to the electrophile? :confused: I seem to have lost at least half of my marks because i didn't draw the mechanisms properly :bawling: this is depressing. I want no exams. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Oh hello

I'm really not happy about this exam :cry2: i haven't even looked at Analytical Techniques :argh:
    The part of organic that confuses me is the detailed mechanisms. Say we have an alkene and an electrophile, do we draw the two dots (representing the pair of electrons) right next to the double bond, or not? My teacher seems to contradict the marking scheme.. i'm soo confused :pinch: What do you say? Do we draw them when the arrow points from the double bond to the electrophile? :confused: I seem to have lost at least half of my marks because i didn't draw the mechanisms properly :bawling: this is depressing. I want no exams. :sad:
    Analytical technique isnt too bad, just mass spectronomy and infrared spectroscopy, but they tend to give you everything you need to answer the question in the exam. For the mechanisms its really just a case of writing them out over and over til they sink in. for electrophilic addition you dont draw any lone pairs of electrons on/near the bond, your curly arrow just goes from the bond to where the electrons end. All the arrows ever show is where the electrons start, and where they end up if you need a hand with it drop me a pm much easier than cluttering the thread with big diagrams and long-winded explanations of why they are drawn a particular way

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please post some last minute study materials - notes, compiled questions etc. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    what are the observations when you reaction lithium chloride with sulfuric acid? does anyone know?
    is it the HCl vapour?
    what about adding sodium bromide to conc. sulfuric acid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by genelmx)
    Could someone please post some last minute study materials - notes, compiled questions etc. Thanks!

this is a good website

http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    hey people,
    anybody got and idea what the main topics that are likely to come up in the big marked questions towards the end??? I know you normall cant tell but has someone got a idea?

ReputationRep:
    omg >.< i haven't opened a book this whole evening. Revised during the day only. :argh: I wish i did better in june :sad: i neeeed a mark over 80 :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    omg >.< i haven't opened a book this whole evening. Revised during the day only. :argh: I wish i did better in june :sad: i neeeed a mark over 80 :bawling:
    I'm using tomorrow morning to cram in everything i've missed. still got to go over group 2 metals which is a bore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    I'm using tomorrow morning to cram in everything i've missed. still got to go over group 2 metals which is a bore
    Good luck tomorrow! Glad it is in the afternoon :awesome: (although i do have to do the written ISA A2 paper right after this exam.. oh so lucky :rolleyes: )
    Group 2 metals is a very quick chapter. Very similar to the one in unit 1. except they add in solubilities and that's it! ( i think :ninja: pls correct me if i'm wrong)

ReputationRep:
    Good luck tomorrow! Glad it is in the afternoon :awesome: (although i do have to do the written ISA A2 paper right after this exam.. oh so lucky :rolleyes: )
    Group 2 metals is a very quick chapter. Very similar to the one in unit 1. except they add in solubilities and that's it! ( i think :ninja: pls correct me if i'm wrong)
    Thankyou good luck to you too, in both exams. haha i'd correct or agree with you, but i'm yet to revise it still i cant wait to get this out of the way, just BIOL4 on monday then i'm free til June

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find it? is there an unofficial mark scheme out yet?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get ?
    I got 120/120!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I got 109/ 120!

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha the one exam i flunked in Jan. got a b again :dry:

Bummer. have to do it again in June. I detest chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Black Knight)
    What did everyone get ?
    I got 120/120!!!!!!!!!!!
    how did you do that :dry:

:puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    how did you do that :dry:

:puppyeyes:
    Though I was confident of an A I never expected full marks but I did somehow!! For unit 1 I got 118/120
    The funny thing is I expected full marks for unit 3 but only got 53/60 bringing my chem average low!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Black Knight)
    Though I was confident of an A I never expected full marks but I did somehow!! For unit 1 I got 118/120
    The funny thing is I expected full marks for unit 3 but only got 53/60 bringing my chem average low!!!
    Well.. natural chemist i see

but hoow do you do that? Revise somehow differently? :puppyeyes:
    Ah.. I need an a :s:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.