Turn on thread page Beta

How to use this watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You know when you've posted a thread how do you know when someone has replied to your thread, instead of looking at the main page is there an easier way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    You know when you've posted a thread how do you know when someone has replied to your thread, instead of looking at the main page is there an easier way
    Is there a setting you can put on to give you a message if someone has replied?

ReputationRep:
    You could keep pressing F5 to refresh the page.

ReputationRep:
    Suscribe to the thread. But then you get a new e-mail every two minutes.

ReputationRep:
    When u r replying...before u post it...if u look at the part just underneath the textbox u r writing in...there is a section in bold labelled THREAD SUBSCRIPTION

Choose the option of Instant Notification by email from the list then post it

Then when someone posts a reply...it'll send u an email.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Yeah that does sound a bit extreme :s. There really should be a message that pops up like when you have a new private message.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know about you lot. But on my screen there is on the left hand side if someone has replied then the envelope will be red with a black dot. that tells me some one has replied

ReputationRep:

Yeah thats the problem i subscribed at the beginning but then i'd recieve emails for every thread i'd posted so i blocked that

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats the problem i subscribed at the beginning but then i'd recieve emails for every thread i'd posted so i blocked that
    I guess you'll just have to refresh the page - that's what I do.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, unfortunately, I get that with the harry potter thread. Wrong type of thread to subscribe to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, unfortunately, I get that with the harry potter thread. Wrong type of thread to subscribe to!
    lol

ReputationRep:
    What about going into your user name and finding last post or last thread....and seeing those, instead of searching through the forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yup. The e-mail is only good if it is an unpopular thread and you aren't expecting too many people to reply. Or if you just want to know when you get one reply, and then you can reply back and have no subscription.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. The e-mail is only good if it is an unpopular thread and you aren't expecting too many people to reply. Or if you just want to know when you get one reply, and then you can reply back and have no subscription.
    When I subscribed, I didn't know that it would b that popular, cos the replies were coming pretty slowly at first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    When I subscribed, I didn't know that it would b that popular, cos the replies were coming pretty slowly at first.
    Yeah, well Harry Potter seems to be very popular these days.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.