Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is the criminal law exam for A2 on AQA.

who's taking this exam?

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking the exam, but I'm doing the contract law section

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking this exam as well, you already know though?:P lets have a revision session!!!

ReputationRep:
    i am, any questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyllix)
    I'm having trouble applying the law to the scenario, can u help?
    same here, how to apply? come on you law experts, where are you all??:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetgyal24)
    same here, how to apply? come on you law experts, where are you all??:confused:
    exact same problem for me too, I dont know how to apply the law :s
    and it's in just over a week...help!

ReputationRep:
    to apply the situation? its not as hard as you make it sound guys!

for example, in a murder question when you're talking about the mens rea you would say malice aforethought express or implied then for example "i believe bob had implied malice aforethought as to the murder of millie because he only stabbed her once"

if you think if of your questions in chunks...and then you can either apply at the end of the chunk, or within the chunk

i hope this helps like.

ReputationRep:
    just don't go too overboard with it, like if causation and actus reus have been clearly established only write a setence about it that sort of thing. the scenarios hold the issues quite obviously, like one offences against the person I did couple of weeks ago, it said "alvin was a diabetic who had forgotten to take his insulin" so you automatically (lol) know that the defence is automatism. that kinda thing. I could send you one of my essays if you want? if that will help

ReputationRep:
    I've got the same exam too.

Hmm. I've wrote out all my revision cards of cases I need to know and there are about 100 cases. :eek:

Not looking forward to this exam.

Oh, by the way.

What has been getting me is what are the questions like?

So we have these topics: Murder/voluntary manslaughter, Involuntary manslaughter, Non-fatal offences against the person, defences and evaluation.

Can we get away with not learning murder/manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter? What I mean is: is there a choice of the question?

So can I stop revising involuntary (which I hate) in depth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryonieIV)

What has been getting me is what are the questions like?

So we have these topics: Murder/voluntary manslaughter, Involuntary manslaughter, Non-fatal offences against the person, defences and evaluation.

Can we get away with not learning murder/manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter? What I mean is: is there a choice of the question?

So can I stop revising involuntary (which I hate) in depth?

Yeah I'm taking the exam too

No, you have to do all of those questions on the scenario you have chosen. The questions will be about the same but for different scenarios. However, you will get away with only studying for one "problems" you get a choice of which evaluation question to do. I am studying for two, just in case, - murder and non-fatal offences.

ReputationRep:
    Your wrong unless your doing the old specification.

the new specification we have a choice between questions, one is always manslaughter and the other is always murder.

for the evaluations, you dont get choices in the new specification, you have to revise all 4 evalutations because you only get one option and any of them can come up.

So are you only going to revise one then? Murder or Involuntary manslaughter?

Have to know non-fatal, that comes up on both, maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Murder, non fatal and defences
    hey, wat about voluntary and involuntary manslaughter then? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetgyal24)
    hey, wat about voluntary and involuntary manslaughter then? :p:
    murder, non-fatal, voluntary and defences(insanity/automatism, nonfatal, murder, voluntary, intoxication, consent and self defence)

ReputationRep:
    xyllix, u obvisly dnt know wat u talking bout.

we get a paper.

Q1 could be Non fatal, Manslaughter and Reform, the reform we MAY get a choice of Murder, Non fatal or defences. We may get 1 (non fatal most likely).

Q2 will be Non fatal, MURDER and Reform. The reforms could be the same as above.

The questions could obvisly be other way round.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, show spec, so i belive u, coz now i dont. Youd DO sometimes get a choice, or sometimes they pick u one. So u woudnt revise 1, u wud revise 2, jst to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    Your wrong unless your doing the old specification.

the new specification we have a choice between questions, one is always manslaughter and the other is always murder.

for the evaluations, you dont get choices in the new specification, you have to revise all 4 evalutations because you only get one option and any of them can come up.

I am wrong.
    My teacher showed us the new spec yesterday.
    Therefore, our whole class has only learnt, in depth, about one set of evaluations

ReputationRep:
    charlie, wats the new spec???? how long we get for each Q?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Motivation!)
    "alvin was a diabetic who had forgotten to take his insulin" so you automatically (lol) know that the defence is automatism.
    Pretty sure the defence would be insanity right? because like in the case of Henessey it was the disease of mind (diabetes) operating on him and not an external factor.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ yeah your right, it would be insanity.

I have this exam. I'm really dreading it I don't want the evaluation question to be on the defences because I have hardly any notes on them. arrghh..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow1992)
    ^^ yeah your right, it would be insanity.

I have this exam. I'm really dreading it I don't want the evaluation question to be on the defences because I have hardly any notes on them. arrghh..
    i havent even had a chance to revise the evaluation questions yet and i wish we had more time in the exam, definatley not going to get the test finished :l so yep thats a big "argghhh" from me to

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 26, 2010

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.