Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A2 Criminal Law 28th January. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Now we just have to wait until March for the results.

ReputationRep:
    did question 2, epic fail.

definately resitting but i'm not too worried about resitting cause i have good notes i just didn't give myself enough time to use them

we started tort today as well and it looks like it's gunna be just as boring as it was in AS ... woooo ...

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait till Marchhh I want to know now! lol

Oh 1 more thing. So what was the defence for 1a? because some of you said self defence, was that regarding that girls injuries (cant remember names lol) because I talked about consent in relation to the first guys injuries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow1992)
    I can't wait till Marchhh I want to know now! lol

Oh 1 more thing. So what was the defence for 1a? because some of you said self defence, was that regarding that girls injuries (cant remember names lol) because I talked about consent in relation to the first guys injuries.
    The defence was consent. I said it would fail in relation to it being a fight as you cant consent to fighting and it wasnt a proper boxing match. Others say it is consent but with horseplay. I think the scenario was beyond horseplay ... swelling .. knife being pulled ... thats an all out blatent fight to me.

So my opinion .. consent but fails on grounds of fighting.

ReputationRep:
    i did question 1, ive probably ballsed it up.

i put ABH, then S.20 for the stabbing cus its a wound then i talked about transferred malice

then i talked about the possibility of consent in horseplay talking about richarson and irwin...probabl not right

then i put a sentence about the dude who stabbed not being able to use self defence because it was excessive force

murder question was pretty easy, i was umming and ahhing between express and implied malice but i chose implied in the end because pushing someone off a rail doesnt neccesairly mean intention to kill does it? agh i'm so confuseddd

then i forgot to write about foresight of consequences to i had to go back and do it in the last 5 minutes haha

as for evaluation, i screwed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopylawrence)
    The defence was consent. I said it would fail in relation to it being a fight as you cant consent to fighting and it wasnt a proper boxing match. Others say it is consent but with horseplay. I think the scenario was beyond horseplay ... swelling .. knife being pulled ... thats an all out blatent fight to me.

So my opinion .. consent but fails on grounds of fighting.
    Oh OK thanks, lol i was getting confused. I can't remember exactly what I put but I did talk about consent lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Motivation!)
    i did question 1, ive probably ballsed it up.

i put ABH, then S.20 for the stabbing cus its a wound then i talked about transferred malice

then i talked about the possibility of consent in horseplay talking about richarson and irwin...probabl not right

then i put a sentence about the dude who stabbed not being able to use self defence because it was excessive force

murder question was pretty easy, i was umming and ahhing between express and implied malice but i chose implied in the end because pushing someone off a rail doesnt neccesairly mean intention to kill does it? agh i'm so confuseddd

then i forgot to write about foresight of consequences to i had to go back and do it in the last 5 minutes haha

as for evaluation, i screwed up.
    I hear what your saying, but if your on a high floor like they were .. and you deliberately push someone off the edge .. i would say personally that you want them dead. There is like a 90% it would kill em to be honest ...

ReputationRep:
    yeah so i screwed that up aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopylawrence)
    I h. and you deliberately push someone off the edge .. i would say personally that you want them dead. There is like a 90% it would kill em to be honest ...
    I put something sbout the outcome being a virtual certainty on that or something no wait i talked about both implied and express lol EDIT: sorry ignore me lol

I am SO happy the C question wasn't on general defences though I knew my criticisms of murder/vol manslaughter practically word for word

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

I done s39 battery whihc led to s.47 ABH. Defence was Consent, Case R v Brown and R v Jones, Horseplay.
    Then s.20 for GBH+transfered malice

For B part, murder + provocation + DR, tho i run out of time for DR so had to scrible it :d

Does anyone know the grade baundaries??

ReputationRep:
    ^ how did you do on the evaluation?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I leaned towards either S18 or S20 I just talked about how it could be either, is that ok?

ReputationRep:
    Thats ok, but i think its more of s.20, coz i dnt think he had intention....well we see...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryonieIV)
    What other defence did you do?

I could only think of consent.
    I did a small paragraph saying the guy who brandished the knife might try to argue self defence but the violence was not proportionate and the fact that it was an act of revenge would mean the defence would fail even if he did try to argue it. I know it doesn't really count but I thought it may be a possibility... Though I doubt it's one that examiners are looking for candidates to have written..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow1992)
    I don't think I leaned towards either S18 or S20 I just talked about how it could be either, is that ok?
    Yeah I did this. The use of a knife could indicate that he intended serious harm and use of weapon blah blah but I stuck a s20 paragraph in at the end quite briefly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyllix)
    Part b and c were gd dunno about part a bit confusing I put s47 and considered why its not s20 and for the other part of a I considered s18 but he didn't have intention to cause gbh it was more recklessness cause he had a blindfold on thats also why he missed and hit that girl in the crowd.
    blindfold???? Did you do question one?

ReputationRep:
    Q1 yeah, they were blind folded...so he may not have the intention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetgyal24)
    OMG same here, when I was writing about DR, I remembered, but then had to move on to the next question, so I thought Id come back to it later... and forgot!!! :eek:
    Aaah reading this thread scares me because there's so much I didn't mention. And I remembered the cases as soon as i got out of the exam hall :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    Q1 yeah, they were blind folded...so he may not have the intention.
    Whattt oh my gosh the guys who were fighting? Omg

ReputationRep:
    ^ i missed the blindfold stuff too . .

I don't think I applied as much as I should have for 1a and when i'm under pressure I always make stupid mistakes. hmm

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 26, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.