Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A2 Criminal Law 28th January. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyllix)
    lol arent you the guy who said defences was gna come up for evaluations LOL ur teacher must have been chating bull.
    No! I just looked on the what is the requirements of unit 3 thread, and it's 'Freddy Jnr' who said that.

Unless this person also said it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryonieIV)
    That's how my writing in every exam is. After about 10 minutes of trying to write quickly my wrist dies and manage a scrawl of about 4 words a line.
    Hahaha! I have given up trying to start off writing neat. Mine starts off scribbly and if possible, gets progressively worse. :ninja: How much did you write? In an exam, a full page of my writing is half a page of my normal writing.. that's sort of how big and scrawly I write.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to finish too, but i couldnt explin the case coz no time left so i put them in brackets and explained the ruling incase hope thats ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyllix)
    lol not you, dunno if u said it but that guy made me revise defence evaluations last night, waste of time could have slept, "coz apparently it was very likely for them to come up" as that m writer stated.
    Hahaha nooo I know what you meant. I remember someone saying it also!

ReputationRep:
    My hand writing is appaling in exams. I have very neat writing for everything else.

But, lol you called me Bryon.

ReputationRep:
    i done 7 - 8 pages overall.

ReputationRep:
    i did 8, my hand killed after

ReputationRep:
    I finished the answer booklet and then got 1 other sheet, which I did both sides of. It's just my writing being too big.

On the June exam last year, it was worse. I had to keep asking for new pieces of paper after filling one sheet in after a few minutes.

ReputationRep:
    No! I just looked on the what is the requirements of unit 3 thread, and it's 'Freddy Jnr' who said that.

Unless this person also said it....
    I said that I was told it would but I also CLEARLY said, don't take my word for it. I revised all of them and anyone who didn't based on a few people saying stuff on a website deserves to lose 25 marks.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    fred how did u do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddy Jnr)
    I said that I was told it would but I also CLEARLY said, don't take my word for it. I revised all of them and anyone who didn't based on a few people saying stuff on a website deserves to lose 25 marks.

:p:
    I completely agree with you. I revised all 3 too, you can't predict exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow1992)
    I can't wait till Marchhh I want to know now! lol

Oh 1 more thing. So what was the defence for 1a? because some of you said self defence, was that regarding that girls injuries (cant remember names lol) because I talked about consent in relation to the first guys injuries.
    OMG! just realised that loads of people are saying that it can't be self defence, as he was blind folded anyway! :eek: how did i miss that?? :confused: for defences, i put consent, then HAD to put self defence at the end, that 1 line, should've not gone and checked it!! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    it was implied malice and oblique intent for murder...
    i explained express and implied malice aforethought, then said it was implied however.. I put the 3 types of intention, but forgot to apply it I think? :confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Aaah reading this thread scares me because there's so much I didn't mention. And I remembered the cases as soon as i got out of the exam hall :nothing:
    OMG same here! :eek: the cases for diminished responsibility especially, tandy, dietschmann etc, the funny thing was; I knew these cases "in the exam", but moved on to the next question after that 25 mins, and forgot to put em down

but, also forgot to put other cases, which i remembered like 2 mins later!!! ahhhh:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bounce.)
    Yep same here.

The fact that part c involved reforms on voluntary manslaughter i.e. diminished responsibility and provocation, led me to believe that they couldn't possibly want us to talk about it again in part a so i decided to go for insanity as a defence.
    OMG! I thought it was too good to be true! I wrote about diminished responsibility and provocation! and then saw the C question and went back a page lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddy Jnr)
    I did Scenario 1 too.

Found the first part really easy. The second part I evaluated both partial defences to murder and also mentioned a possibility of self defense.

partial defences- i.e. diminished res and provocation?
    I did mention self defence at the end, hopefully I worded it as "there is a POSSIBILITY".. can't remember atm!

ReputationRep:
    They were with friends who thought it was funny to have a fake 'boxing match' and then blindfold them and each had 1 glove.

That's why I don't think it was a proper fight, it was horseplay. I'm not sure how this blindfolded guy suddenly got a knife out of his bag.
    lol yeah, i put self defence and didn't realise that that guy who took the knife out was "blindfolded"..

but then again, surely when he took the "knife" out of his pocket, he knew it was there? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    would like to point out this is the 2nd most popular thread after the revision notes one!:P wooo OP, you really got us all hooked!! hahax

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the deal with not talking about DR for the murder question just because it needed to be spoken about in the reforms? I suppose those who left out DR (due to it being also discussed in the reform section) also left out provocation because that would also have been part of the reform question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I don't understand the deal with not talking about DR for the murder question just because it needed to be spoken about in the reforms? I suppose those who left out DR (due to it being also discussed in the reform section) also left out provocation because that would also have been part of the reform question??

I don't get it either.

They are separate questions and marked separately. So if they ask for the same thing, you just have to write it down. It's the same in any exam.

Plus, the guy thought he was being followed and his life was in danger. It was screaming diminished responsibility!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 26, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.