Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 80% in the AS retake and 67% in the A2 exam, is it worth it to get it remarked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyllix)
    I got 80% in the AS retake and 67% in the A2 exam, is it worth it to get it remarked?
    Maybe. 3 marks off a B. And you're unlikely to go down by many (if it goes that way), so it would be still be a C anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Well done guys, i got a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryonieIV)
    Maybe. 3 marks off a B. And you're unlikely to go down by many (if it goes that way), so it would be still be a C anyway.
    since i got 67% it might be 2 raw marks of a B, i think its worth it, i thought i did a lot better in the exam, so im gonna try it. Thanks.

Do you know how the remarking process goes, i've never done it before.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    Well done guys, i got a B.
    Gratz

ReputationRep:
    since i got 67% it might be 2 raw marks of a B, i think its worth it, i thought i did a lot better in the exam, so im gonna try it. Thanks.

Do you know how the remarking process goes, i've never done it before.

Thanks.

I've done it quite a few times actually. But I'm never had much any luck.

Basically, your exam paper is re-marked by a senior examiner and you keep whatever mark they give you. If your grade goes down, you are stuck with that grade.

ReputationRep:
    I've done it quite a few times actually. But I'm never had much any luck.

Basically, your exam paper is re-marked by a senior examiner and you keep whatever mark they give you. If your grade goes down, you are stuck with that grade.
    worth a try ;D
    i mean't what do i have to do? like do i send off an application or do i get my teacher to, how much isit and so on.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    worth a try ;D
    i mean't what do i have to do? like do i send off an application or do i get my teacher to, how much isit and so on.

Thanks.
    Oh, I see.

Well, my school has forms for re-sitting and you basically just fill the sheet in and hand it into the school office. Might have to get the teacher to sign the sheet.

£42-ish. At my school you get your money back if you go up a grade. That might actually be an exam board policy though, not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Aaah. 91/100..

I am happy, I guess. I'm aiming for the A* so it is good but I just wished I had a slightly higher UMS, to make my next exam a bit easier seeing as I don't do as well in Tort/Civil law than the Criminal law Meaning if I got 91 in this, chances of me getting 90/91 in the next are slim

ReputationRep:
    I also got 67%, although I did the contract option.

I'm not going to bother with getting it re-marked, I'm going to re-sit instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplyobsessed)
    I also got 67%, although I did the contract option.

I'm not going to bother with getting it re-marked, I'm going to re-sit instead.
    since its percentage, you may easily have pulled it off if you get it remarked because 3% is probably 1-2 raw marks, that's why im giving it a go.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I see.

Well, my school has forms for re-sitting and you basically just fill the sheet in and hand it into the school office. Might have to get the teacher to sign the sheet.

£42-ish. At my school you get your money back if you go up a grade. That might actually be an exam board policy though, not sure.
    How long did it take for the paper to get remarked and what was it between? like a C and a B or B and an A?

Let me know soon as possible thanks.

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take for the paper to get remarked and what was it between? like a C and a B or B and an A?

Let me know soon as possible thanks.
    About 2 weeks at the most. It was between a B and an A. But I still got a B, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    About 2 weeks at the most. It was between a B and an A. But I still got a B, anyway.
    was it a low B? or like 78%?

ReputationRep:
    was it a low B? or like 78%?
    No, I was 1 mark off an A.

My cousin did the same exam though and was also 1 mark off. He also got his remarked and got an A instead. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    hii
    I got 89% in this exam and I am aiming for an A* overall.
    Dyah think it is worth getting it remarked in the hope that it will go up, thus alleviating some pressure for LAW04. Or is that risky business considering the mark may also decrease and I would be stuck with it!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glen1)
    hii
    I got 89% in this exam and I am aiming for an A* overall.
    Dyah think it is worth getting it remarked in the hope that it will go up, thus alleviating some pressure for LAW04. Or is that risky business considering the mark may also decrease and I would be stuck with it!
    thanks

It's unlikely to go down a lot, if it does go that way.

You're only 1% off. You should definitely get it remarked and see what happens.

You can only get an A* if you have 90%+ anyway in both A2 exams, so if it goes up you'll have that. But if it goes down, you'll still be where you are now - as it will still be in the 80s.

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    Just so you know though, it is the aggregate of the two exams that have to equal 90%, not above 90% on both..
    I just checked the Law A-level spec and I quote, "To be awarded an A* candidates will need
    to achieve a grade A on the full A level qualification
    and an A* on the aggregate of the A2 units."

Just to avoid confusion for others reading this

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as above, it's 90% on aggregate, therefore you could get 89% in one and 91% in the other and still be awarded an A*, as far as I know...

ReputationRep:
    Its 80 out 100 for A isint it?

How many marks in total to u need to get A? out all 4 exams.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.