Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who else is sitting this exam?

Which Past Papers are you using? I have got the Practice Paper A and B, and Jan 09 and June 09, and the sample one off the Edexcel sity. Are they are more new spec papers out there to practice on?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting it, my teacher put together a load of questions from old P4,5,6 exams, if you'd like I can find them with worked solutions that she wrote out... you might have seen them before though...

ReputationRep:
    Yep I have the same past papers as you OP. About to start revising tomorrow. God I hate the coordinate systems and the proof by induction chapters. The rest is OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaxoxo)

Which Past Papers are you using? I have got the Practice Paper A and B, and Jan 09 and June 09, and the sample one off the Edexcel sity. Are they are more new spec papers out there to practice on?
    Could you upload the June 09 one and where did you get the Practice Paper A and B from? Thanks x

ReputationRep:

Good luck FP-ers. I'm gonna be in the same position in June! Also how hard are the last 2 chapter? Because I'm on chapter 4 and the only thing hard about FP1 is the remembering!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Good luck FP-ers. I'm gonna be in the same position in June! Also how hard are the last 2 chapter? Because I'm on chapter 4 and the only thing hard about FP1 is the remembering!
    Exactly....I face the same problem like u difficult to remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    the last chapter proof is actually quite nice, it's strucured very well.
    it just takes a while to get used to the structure.

series is ok aswell.

a week to learn both i'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    Could you upload the June 09 one and where did you get the Practice Paper A and B from? Thanks x
    Here's the link for the Practice Papers;

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...a#post17858860

And the June 09; there's also some word documents attached with FP1 Q's that could also be helpful

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...a#post16675180

I can't really remember much from FP1, I don't think it was too hard, got to much D1 and M1 in my head still, need to get to work on FP1

So that's it about 5 PP to practice from, new spec, i usually like about 8 papers, oh well

ReputationRep:
    x
    Thanks Emma!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any good resources for trying to understand induction? I just can't follow the steps, and its made worse that the steps are different when you use induction on different kinds of questions

ReputationRep:
    There is some stuff on the net on proof by induction but cant remember where. When I find it I will post it.

I also mentioned on another thread www.furtherpuremaths.com . I bought some papers from them. They are really good practice for the exam. I explained I was a student, so I got them at a reduced price. I told my teacher about them, she didnt knwo, so now my school is going to buy them...so I guess I lost out in the end!!

ReputationRep:
    proof by induction: http://www.tech.plym.ac.uk/maths/res.../induction.pdf

ReputationRep:
    my last exam.. probs evry1s last jan ones! go bk to skl the day after lol.. hope it goes well

ReputationRep:
    hi,

i'm an international student taking Further maths and the thing is i find the system itself unnecessarily complicated.
    (Don't quite understand the reason for which i can't download the last FP1 papers and their MS...)
    is there any link where i can get a thorough syllabus for the exam?

thanks, David.

ReputationRep:
    has the spec changed? because for the D1 i didnt no that the spec changed so i learnt some unnecessary things..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celinex)
    has the spec changed? because for the D1 i didnt no that the spec changed so i learnt some unnecessary things..
    i doubt it, unless you're still doing the legacy papers...which have polar coordinates, i believe.

last exam:woo:

ReputationRep:
    HI i know this is a bit of a stupid question but im not really sure in what mode i should work with my calculator either degres or radians, im scared of messing up because of that! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by divHH)
    HI i know this is a bit of a stupid question but im not really sure in what mode i should work with my calculator either degres or radians, im scared of messing up because of that! thanks
    it really does depend on the question.
    but i'd imagine for questions involving complex numbers and arguments, usually would have to be in radians.

ReputationRep:
    you would normally use radians unless the question asks for the answer in degrees

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.