Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could someone solve this for me:
    f(n) = (2n + 1)7n – 1.
    (a) Show that f(k + 1) – f(k) = (ak + b)7k, stating the values of the constants a and b.

I keep doing it over and over but am getting a as -12 and b as -20 when they should both be positive >.<. Then again it is 11:00 so I probably should be sleeping and not mathing.

Edit: Ignore this, I was doing f(k) - f(k + 1) >.<. Going to bed now I think.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have answers for the practice papers cant seem to find them anywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viki_91)
    does anyone have answers for the practice papers cant seem to find them anywhere
    Here's the mark schemes ive got for the mock paper, paper A and paper B, ive also got the jan/jun 09 papers and mark schemes
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc FP1 Mock Paper Mark Scheme.doc (214.5 KB, 371 views)
  2. File Type: doc FP1 Practice Paper A Mark Scheme.doc (228.5 KB, 252 views)
  3. File Type: doc FP1 Practice Paper B Mark Scheme.doc (184.5 KB, 209 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robofish)
    Here's the mark schemes ive got for the mock paper, paper A and paper B, ive also got the jan/jun 09 papers and mark schemes
    Hey Robo,

do you have the Mock Paper Question Paper aswell? i didn't realise there was a mock one too, i have the sample but not mock.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    What about the Mock Paper itself??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaxoxo)
    Hey Robo,

do you have the Mock Paper Question Paper aswell? i didn't realise there was a mock one too, i have the sample but not mock.

thanks
    This Mock paper is like... NOWHERE!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacula)
    This Mock paper is like... NOWHERE!!
    Here it is..
    Attached Images
  4. File Type: pdf mock.pdf (183.3 KB, 241 views)

ReputationRep:
    Here it is..
    Will you be a legend and post the mark scheme too? Thank you so much! :p: + rep as soon as you do that for sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    Will you be a legend and post the mark scheme too? Thank you so much! :p: + rep as soon as you do that for sure!
    Here's the mark scheme and the jan 09 mark scheme, as well as the link to the june 09 markscheme

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24717514/E...s-Mark-Schemes
    Attached Files
  5. File Type: doc FP1 Mock Paper Mark Scheme.doc (214.5 KB, 2830 views)
  6. File Type: doc 12b_FP1_(new)_January_2009_mark_scheme.doc (376.5 KB, 121 views)

ReputationRep:
    Is the paper actually gonna be as hard as Paper c and d, they have got complex differentiation and a lot of other hard questions, has any1 tried paper c and d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alithegreat)
    Is the paper actually gonna be as hard as Paper c and d, they have got complex differentiation and a lot of other hard questions, has any1 tried paper c and d

just finished them...they're from the old p4 exams, so nope our paper shouldnt be anything like that paper.

ReputationRep:
    if a question asks for an argand diagram; does the diagram have to be totally accurate or just a sketch?

ReputationRep:
    Practice papers C and D were much harder than needed, they had differentiating with logs and induction with greater than signs etc, stuff we don't need to know!

Getting a bit nervous though as my exam is tonight. It sucks that its a public holiday today and I've got to go into school at 6.30pm I've never had an exam this late before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEALB10N)
    Practice papers C and D were much harder than needed, they had differentiating with logs and induction with greater than signs etc, stuff we don't need to know!

Getting a bit nervous though as my exam is tonight. It sucks that its a public holiday today and I've got to go into school at 6.30pm I've never had an exam this late before!
    What about for practise papers A and B? do we need to know about the weird thing with complex number equations? were they put z3+mz2+nz-5
    and you get the conjugate pair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous0155)
    What about for practise papers A and B? do we need to know about the weird thing with complex number equations? were they put z3+mz2+nz-5
    and you get the conjugate pair?
    In all honesty I only did the whole of the jan and june 2009 papers, I only flicked through the others and did select questions. Chances are if you haven't covered how to do a specific question in class or in your text book, its not gonna come up.

3h23m until my paper starts

I hope its got 8 questions in it, I hate the ones with 10 questions as I usually say to myself 10min a question and those just throw me off course.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys! My exam's at half past one so I still have about 5 hours left. Practise paper C and D were stupid because they have C3 and C4 stuff in it.

The Jan and June 09 paper were really easy and so was the specimen. I hope our exam paper is also of the same relative 'difficulty.'

I just have the mock left to do, which I shall do today.

Edit: Did the mock and got full marks. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous0155)
    if a question asks for an argand diagram; does the diagram have to be totally accurate or just a sketch?
    Just a sketch!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    Good luck guys! My exam's at half past one so I still have about 5 hours left. Practise paper C and D were stupid because they have C3 and C4 stuff in it.

The Jan and June 09 paper were really easy and so was the specimen. I hope our exam paper is also of the same relative 'difficulty.'

I just have the mock left to do, which I shall do today.

Edit: Did the mock and got full marks. :woo:
    show off :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talha3)
    show off :rolleyes:
    You know it.
    Nah, I'm kidding. But I bet most of you probably got 100 or near it anyway, so I can't really show off on a forum where half the people are better than me at maths. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    You know it.
    Nah, I'm kidding. But I bet most of you probably got 100 or near it anyway, so I can't really show off on a forum where half the people are better than me at maths. :rolleyes:
    lol yea i was kidding too. Hmm lets hope so, all depends on the paper and i can't really predict it as the Edexcel Maths papers i've done so far in Jan have been really varied in terms of difficulty.
    Good luck anyway

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 2, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.