Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I being 'childish'?! watch

Announcements

Okay I was meant to be going out tonight with a few of my friends, I've since changed my mind now though, since I found out other people were going that I don't like. One of them used to be my best friend, turned ***** and the other I was really good friends with until I was about 13 but we grew apart, I've seen her a few time since then but she was a bit weird with me. My friends band is also playing tonight - it's sold out but they're going out later to the same place. Another girl is going that I'm not really friends with, I've only spoken to her briefly about 5 years ago, lol. My two 'friends' (we've had a few up and downs tbh) sometimes ignore me when they're with these people.

My other friends aren't going out tonight.

I was looking forward to it but I think i'll just feel really awkward and out of it...

Would you go?

ReputationRep:
    If you're not gonna be happy, just don't go

ReputationRep:
    No, if you don't like them, you don't like them. It's their problem if they want to make a deal out of it.

(Original post by TheMeister)
    No, if you don't like them, you don't like them. It's their problem if they want to make a deal out of it.
    Yeahh, one of my friend says I'm being childish for not going so I was just wondering what other people thought

ReputationRep:
    Is it that big of a deal? lol do whatever

ReputationRep:
    Its your life pepole don't own you? If you know that you're not going to be comfortable or happy then I wouldnt put yoruself through that to be honest whats the point?
    I went thru years of that at school - doing things going out with people i didnt want to, and i just snapped one day and said enough
    its not illegal to say no and just not do it xxx
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's up to you surely, if you ain't comfortable then don't go, simples.

ReputationRep:
    Just do what you want. I think it's a bit immature to carry grudges, especially over years, but if they do so, you probably wouldn't enjoy going out with them, even if you didn't (bear a grudge that is).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.