Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do any of you feel like this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    yes, it isn't a nessecity to have lots of money(cant spell sorry:woo: ) but if you want a good life for your children; why have a child, or 2, or 3...with no foundations in life. Obviously i wont understand the whole shablammm, but i do have a gf and she insits that she wouldnt want children, well at least untill she is 30. its positive thinking in the way that she wants to do good for herself and enjoy life as a young adult i guess. If she does get pregenant at the age of 25-26, experiences in life might change that. The same with you, it is only your thoughts and matters of opinion atm that make you feel this way. As i said, concentrate in life what is important.
    We are all scared of something all through life. Life experiences help us conquer these fears:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about that kind of stuff! As long as you're living responsibly and happily you're fine

Some people aren't the parent-type, and some people become the parent-type later in life. No big deal.

ReputationRep:
    One step at a time, love!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 18 years old and I can't think of the rest of my life, i.e. next 18 years, don't know why

especially, marriage and children... well I'm only a teenager, but it seems like one day, I will be a mum! :eek: scary I know, anyone else feel like this?

Don't get me wrong, I don't see myself as a mum? maybe I'm just too young! getting old is scary and tbh, the only reason why I even celebrate my birthday is because it's the day I was born! although I'm also sad at the same time, because I'm getting old! does anyone else feel like this on their birthdays?

I have two questions for you all!
    :rofl: :rofl: I didn't know that :eek3: :crazy: I would give you positive rep if I knew who you were,why did you go anon for?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like this too sometimes... =/. But that's mainly 'cause I have a bf who likes to look to the future and I prefer to... Well... Not xD.

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine myself in 3 years let alone 18! I don't want kids at the moment but who's to say that when i reach late 20s i'll feel the same way. That's the thing with life, it's hard to imagine yourself in the future past what you know you could do (like for instance, i've got graduation as pretty much a given so i can see myself in a gown graduating and so on).

ReputationRep:
    I never think about the future. I don't even know what I want to do after uni.

I can't see past the next 18 hours never mind the next 18 years. Life's **** anyway really- you survive long enough to maybemeet someone you "fall in love" with, have children (why I don't know) and then that's more people to be obligated to find a reason to live for. And that's the idyllic view. I'm not compensating for the other stuff that life would throw at you. Maybe that's me because I'm so nihilistic these days I don't see a point in much.

ReputationRep:
    This is why women shouldnt think for too long.
    Now hurry up and pop a sprog....

In all seriousness you dont have to be mum. And if you do then im sure you will have gained sufficent knowlege by then. It become instinct.
    So dont worry....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.