Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Spending too much time on TSR has got me thinking that getting anything below 70% is a crappy grade, so I just bursted into tears after I got an 62% earlier on. It's sad, I'm completely stupid but I can't stop setting my aims to high and being disappointed with me all the time. Aaaand I don't know what to do, as I know that the grades I get are good, but it's just not enough for me. It's not working hard enough or not, it's just trying to get myself into believing that my grades are good (I didn't say amazing, but they're not that crappy) and I should be happy with them.

ReputationRep:
    so you should. well done

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. Setting your self high expectations is one things, setting yourself high targets/goals is another. 62% is good, don't beat yourself up. If you think you can work even harder then do it, and I wouldn't compare myself to people on TSR if I was you.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt ompare myself with tsr people, most of them are proper tossers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nonbeatific)
    I know what you mean. Setting your self high expectations is one things, setting yourself high targets/goals is another. 62% is good, don't beat yourself up. If you think you can work even harder then do it, and I wouldn't compare myself to people on TSR if I was you.
    Oh I don't, I wouldn't even have anyone to compare myself to them, it's just that reading so many threads about grades and blah blah blah got me thinking that I wouldn't be able to do what I want with a 2:1.

ReputationRep:
    Marion, you can't compare yourself to other people on here - the amount of liars, ******* and outright ***** is amazing. 62% is respectable anyhow.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oiwannawurkinmacdonoldz)
    i wouldnt ompare myself with tsr people, most of them are proper tossers
    This

Most people on here are complete idiots

ReputationRep:
    **** thats terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxpenguinnnxxx)
    This

Most people on here are complete idiots
    Case in point:
    (Original post by Sickojones)
    **** thats terrible.

Set yourself realistic goals, if you can get 70%+ then go for it but otherwise dont live your life by other peoples standards. Chin up.

ReputationRep:
    I will be happy to kick your arse for you.

ReputationRep:
    Anatheme
    you're a native french speaker fluent enough in english to take a degree in RUSSIAN and ARABIC.
    if you aren't amazing then i don't know WHAT is frankly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    Spending too much time on TSR has got me thinking that getting anything below 70% is a crappy grade, so I just bursted into tears after I got an 62% earlier on. It's sad, I'm completely stupid but I can't stop setting my aims to high and being disappointed with me all the time. Aaaand I don't know what to do, as I know that the grades I get are good, but it's just not enough for me. It's not working hard enough or not, it's just trying to get myself into believing that my grades are good (I didn't say amazing, but they're not that crappy) and I should be happy with them.
    :hugs: I know the feeling! A lot of good students are on these forums as well, and they always seem to get really great grades, so it's easy to compare yourself to others.

Don't feel down though, everyone has different standards and if unless your average was like 80% (which I doubt it is, no one ever gets an average that high!) then you'd have a real reason to be disappointed.

Chin up!

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, being on TSR has made me feel that anything below AAA at A2 is below average :P I like to think there are a lot of liers here though to make me feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    I will be happy to kick your arse for you.
    It's waiting for you :sexface:

(Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    Anatheme
    you're a native french speaker fluent enough in english to take a degree in RUSSIAN and ARABIC.
    Aww, Sia, you're always so lovely :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    Anatheme
    This x 100.

Mazzles, you'll be fine! Just think - all you've got to do is survive 'til September, then SYRIAAAAAAAA!

ReputationRep:
    *Kicks you up the arse*

Glad to be of assistance. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surreal)
    Case in point:

Set yourself realistic goals, if you can get 70%+ then go for it but otherwise dont live your life by other peoples standards. Chin up.
    **** you're terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    LOL 62% is good, I'd be proud to get that!

ANYONE who brags about grades is a loser, it's not cool...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.