Turn on thread page Beta

Want to *lose* 7lbs or more... watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 5ft 10 girl weighing about 140lbs. Some people may say it sits fine on me, because I'm so tall and makes me out to about a size 10/12, but I would feel a lot happier with myself slimmer and more toned.

I'm trying to eat better than I currently do, actually eating breakfast, lunch and dinner but I can't help but snack because I never actually feel full! Getting to the gym isn't possible for me and I have never been that great with exercise but I want to tone up particularly in the normal places - bums, legs, arms, tum, etc.

So the question is, does anyone have any advice on diet and any exercises I can do to add tone?

EDIT: I know I spelt the title wrong but I can't change it now so no comments required on that!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5 foot 11 and weigh around 146 lb. I often have moments of oh god, im so heavy.
    I snack loads as well, never am hungry, its a tall persn thing. It doesnt really help having small people around you who hardly eat anything (size wise)
    My best advice is not losing weight, but doing things like situps (I'm up to 100 in a night), do things like exercise dvds, they are great for toning, silly ones like Rosemary Conleys salsasize is great fun and also tones your legs and thighs.
    I personally hate the gym, but doing little things like walking around on your tip toes round your house tones your calves
    Hoovering works a lot of muscles.
    Plus, once you do the exercise you feel great and don't feel bad about snacking!
    Any more advice, pm me =] x

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1150021. There's loads of us trying to lose weight, and I always find it helps to know someone else is going through the same thing! A lot of people have posted useful information up too.

ReputationRep:
    Please follow look at this thread.

Don't know about ArtGoblin, but I'd say the first two posters definitely don't need to lose weight, considering their current height and weight. Body composition is probably the problem, not weight. You're probably skinny fat.

BTW, sit ups are pretty much a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yokel)
    Please follow look at this thread.

Don't know about ArtGoblin, but I'd say the first two posters definitely don't need to lose weight, considering their current height and weight. Body composition is probably the problem, not weight. You're probably skinny fat.

BTW, sit ups are pretty much a waste of time.
    So if sit ups are a waste of time, what similar exercises could a girl do at home for the purposes mentioned earlier? Please don't suggest push ups...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggsx)
    So if sit ups are a waste of time, what similar exercises could a girl do at home for the purposes mentioned earlier? Please don't suggest push ups...

At home you can do bodyweight, squats, lunges add more weight when it gets harder, something like a backpack with some heavy books in it. Try 3 sets of 8-12 repetitions.

Maybe could try to buy some adjustable dumbells? You can use that for overhead presses, deadlifts, squats, rows and lunges etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.