Turn on thread page Beta

Average Price of Dog Injections watch

ReputationRep:
    How much do you normally have to pay for injections for puppies?
    Im in the process of purchasing a dog and just wondering if anyone knew how much they usually cost.

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy! ADOPT!!!!

Any way.. I know that our dogs' yearly boosters are about £40 each.

I'm not sure about a puppy's but it cost about the same (£40) for the first course of injections for some of our rescues for who we had no idea if they'd ever been vaccinated before. (Because my mother actually rescued them herself. Most rescue centres will have already vaccinated and neutered/spayed the dogs before they let them go up for adoption. )

ReputationRep:
    Ours cost £32.50 for the full course
    Yearly Boosters: £25 (full)

Are you in University ?
    Buying a puppy is a BIG-DEAL.
    Even if you are in part-time Uni, its difficult to find enough time to look after a puppy under 6months of age.
    Unfortunately, I highly doubt a rescue center would part with a resident if you're a student, so this isn't an option either.
    I got a puppy at the beginning of this summer, and it is alot of hassle, and not as fun as it may seem.
    Puppies go past the 'cute' stage at around 6 months, and this is when most hit puberty. This is when rules and boundaries will be tested, and this is why most dogs in rescues are aorund this age, up to 2 years - due to lack of training.

You are obviously not responsible enough yet to own a dog, as obviously the cleverest thing to do would be to ask nearby vets what their prices are.
    In my part of the country, a set of injections for a pup costs £50/60 with yearlys being at £30.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.