Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just had a email rejecting me for biology but offering me biology with education studies(fantastic:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ). I dont know what to do i had my heart set on durham, should i take a year out and reapply?

*rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiill)
    Just had a email rejecting me for biology but offering me biology with education studies(fantastic:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ). I dont know what to do i had my heart set on durham, should i take a year out and reapply?
    What's wrong with that course?

If you just stick to the core education module and use all your electives in biology, there won't be that much difference from the original course! It is Durham for just a minor change!

Notice that it states "Biology WITH Education Studies" instead of AND, which means the education element will be minor compared to the biology element.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you take up that offer? Doesn't sound like a bad alternative.

ReputationRep:
    Would you rather do that course and be at Durham, or do the course you want to do somewhere else?

That, simply put, is the choice you have to make and no one else can make that choice for you.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.