Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically I am trying to arrange an all girls holiday for this summer in early August. Just wondering if anyone can suggest some good destinations. We're looking for all the obvious stuff: beaches, nightlife etc. but want to avoid anywhere too chavvy.

Thanks, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place!

ReputationRep:
    Haiti is nice this time of year i've heard.

ReputationRep:
    soma holiday.

ReputationRep:
    Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    A whale's vagina

ReputationRep:
    corfu? that's where we're going

we being me and my friends, as opposed to the voices in my head or something

ReputationRep:
    You'd have a lovely holiday in Rhodes ^ . ^ the greek island, you don't even have to go near Falaraki if you don't want... theres some beautiful stuffs there as well like the 7 springs

Maybee Fuerteventura, its nice there beach wise, but i'm not so sure if the night life is any good =( i'm sure you could find something though.

If money is no object you could go california maybe ^ . ^ that would be amazing for ya, lovely beaches and im sure theres stuff going on all the time!

Anywhere with your mates is a good place =D

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the serious replies
    Yea, I'm thinking probably Greece (just looking into Rhodes/Corfu atm) or the Canary Islands as they are the most affordable, but still worried as I've heard bad things abou Malia, Zante etc. Has anyone been to these places at all ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabiha09)
    Yea, I'm thinking probably Greece (just looking into Rhodes/Corfu atm) or the Canary Islands as they are the most affordable, but still worried as I've heard bad things abou Malia, Zante etc. Has anyone been to these places at all ?
    Never heard of those two sorry I've been the the Canarys and the Bularics more times than I can count though and trust me they're safe

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Malia and didn't see any trouble (maybe I was just lucky?) I loved it there and most of the people were friendly enough (the only hassle I got was ****ged for being Scottish :dry:). Im planning to go to Zante this year instead even though I've heard its a bit chavvy but I heard that about Malia and it turned out to be fine. Just think you could go anywhere and bump into idiots, its the chance you take...
    Good luck figuring out where to go!

ReputationRep:
    Malta? Croatia? Portugal? Some of the Thai islands? (not Phuket though, as that is a bit chavvy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsarahhh)
    I've been to Malia and didn't see any trouble (maybe I was just lucky?) I loved it there and most of the people were friendly enough (the only hassle I got was ****ged for being Scottish :dry:). Im planning to go to Zante this year instead even though I've heard its a bit chavvy but I heard that about Malia and it turned out to be fine. Just think you could go anywhere and bump into idiots, its the chance you take...
    Good luck figuring out where to go!
    Thanks, glad to hear some good things about Malia cause I was quite set on it then read a few reviews which mentioned rowdy fights and pickpocketing! Just wondering what hotel and clubs you would reccomend?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Somalia is a great place for sailing holidays.

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to dalaman, on the turkish coast. cant waitt!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, glad to hear some good things about Malia cause I was quite set on it then read a few reviews which mentioned rowdy fights and pickpocketing! Just wondering what hotel and clubs you would reccomend?
    There are gypsy kids in Malia who go around "selling" glow sticks but are there to try pick-pocket you so just try avoid them!

I stayed in Irene Studios which was right at the top of the strip, it didn't have a pool but it was quite big (room for 3 ppl) compared to my other friends in a room for 2. Mines had a bedroom with 2 beds, drawers, table and balcony(crappy view) then there was a kitchen area that also had a wee table/2 seats,a sofa/bed and a wee balcony with a table(crappy view), a bathroom and wardrobe. It was good though because it was right at the top of the strip so it wasn't as loud.
    Im not sure about the other hotels but everyone we met seemed to be staying in either malibu hotel or Oasis Studios from what I can remember.

Bars I recommend are Roadhouse, Yiasou, Union Jack and well the Saltire Lounge :p:
    Clubs- The Venue and probably Candy.. I hardly spent anytime in the clubs apart from The Venue because I preferred the bars as they are so much cheaper.

haha sorry for the essay!

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Sabiha09
    I went to Zante years ago - seemed ok.
    And last year I went to Agios Nikalos - which is an hour or so from Malia, Crete. On our transfer back to the airport, we went through Malia at about 5am.

But it was still packed with people. Mostly wasted/driving quadbikes with undue care and attention!

There was a British lad who died in Malia while I was in Crete, but then that sorta thing can happen anywhere. Basically, you won't be left bored in Malia. Agios Nikalos is a nice town, but less teenager-suited.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.