Turn on thread page Beta

Does Anybody know the successful applicants % for economics at cambridge? please!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    abvout 20% i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    abvout 20% i think
    lol...............random guess wont do me any good.

some1 said a figure of 40%.....dunno how accurate that is.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_thompson)

Yet you yourself offer a random guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Yet you yourself offer a random guess...
    ????

some1 said around 40%.........so how am i offerin a random guess?

do u always try and cause trouble? u wer rowing with adshur b4 and u just wuldnt give up, even though u wer not clear about what u wer saying and ignored the statistics.........

stop causing trouble please.

if i say "someone said" how on earth do u read that as "in my opinion its about 40%"

u say u got mainly A*'s and couple of A's at gcse, i expect u can understand basic words.

ReputationRep:

20%-40% is the offer rate i.e. applicant to places ratio.

However 30% of places wont make the grade.

ReputationRep:
    You could always phone up and ask - if you do it at a quiet time in the admissions year the admissions office staff may be happy to tell you if you ask nicely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    You could always phone up and ask - if you do it at a quite time in the admissions year the admissions office staff may be happy to tell you if you ask nicely.
    thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    thankyou.
    i had my interview the other day, it depends on which college you apply to and it also varies year upon year.
    This year my interviewer said there were 45 applicants for 6 places (usually 8 dunno what happened), 1 place had already been taken by a gap year student. So the chance of getting in at my college was 1 in 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NEXTadamSMITH)
    i had my interview the other day, it depends on which college you apply to and it also varies year upon year.
    This year my interviewer said there were 45 applicants for 6 places (usually 8 dunno what happened), 1 place had already been taken by a gap year student. So the chance of getting in at my college was 1 in 9.
    does depend on which college, very true.........

i heard that overall, the acceptance % for econ at cam was about average for cambridge, but if u applied to the right university it cud be "even better".

ReputationRep:
    2002 - 22.3%

2001 - 23.7%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    2002 - 22.3%

2001 - 23.7%
    wow.......thankyou

ReputationRep:
    wow.......thankyou
    by the way, do u know the college(s) which have the hgihest acceptance success % fo econ at cam? i.e.) in order to increase my cahnces?

ReputationRep:
    No sorry, that was from a book that just had the subject acceptance rates as a university on a whole, I think for that sort of info you might have to ring individual colleges, although there is a table produced by Cambridge which tells you if a college receives more or less than average applications for each subject.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.