Turn on thread page Beta

Moving from Bristol to Aberdeen watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have no clue about how I can do it? My car really will not make it to Aberdeen (580-ish miles) but I would need to get all my stuff up, preferably in one go, to save the stress of moving to uni. Any other methods that would allow me to literally move my life upto Aberdeen, possibly on a budget too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyBoil3r)
    I have no clue about how I can do it? My car really will not make it to Aberdeen (580-ish miles) but I would need to get all my stuff up, preferably in one go, to save the stress of moving to uni. Any other methods that would allow me to literally move my life upto Aberdeen, possibly on a budget too?
    If you are able to hire a van then you could look for a hire company that allows you to pick the van up in Bristol and drop it off in Aberdeen. There are a lot that don't make you drop it off where you picked it up, although the problem might be finding a company that would let you hire a van, assuming you are 18/19.

You could ask a family member to drive a van up there with you and then drive it home again.

It wouldn't be at all expensive hiring a van, although petrol would probably cost about as much as the actual van hire.

ReputationRep:
    Hire a car?

ReputationRep:
    Hire a van, or you could pack up your stuff and then send it by courier to your new address. That would save a few extra journeys.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not to far from you ( In Newport ) I've got an offer for Aberdeen and it'll be my firm if i don't get into St Andrews ... I'm planning to take my car though ...

ReputationRep:
    I would take a car .... Can i ask why you don't think your car will make it there ?

ReputationRep:
    How much stuff do you have? Maybe you could get a National Express coach (I don't think their luggage restrictions are too draconian) and a taxi at either end?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why your car wouldn't make it (unless you mean you wouldn't fit the luggage in). But if not I agree with sending it up by courier as someone said.

ReputationRep:
    Courier seems pretty good so far, maybe hire a van, ill have to shop around a bit.

As for my car...I have a 1973 ford anglia mark II, he doesnt even reach 70 mph, and struggles to make it to Cardiff from Bristol, i'd hate to have to kill him on the way to Aberdeen haha

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.