Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you drink tea? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Gallons of the stuff!

When I'm at home, I rarely drink anything other than tea. So I have a cupboard full of tea so I don't get bored of drinking the same stuff all the time.

I have normal tea (PG tips), Earl Grey, chai, vanilla tea, "spice imperial tea" (from whittards), green tea with lemon, green tea with jasmine, rooibos, mint and liquorice tisane... Means there's always something there that goes with what I'm eating, to suit my mood, and something for when I run out of milk!

I've been trying to drink less normal tea recently, because apparently if you drink it around mealtimes, it reduces iron absorption. But I need to look into it more, to see if it applies to green tea and rooibos too. If it does, I'll probably get some more herbal/fruit teas.

ReputationRep:
    Once, twice per day. Some Twinings berry one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    About 3-4 pints a day (my starbucks mug is pint sized), white with 2 Splenda sweeteners.
    Whoa:eek: gotta get me one of them..doesnt the tea get really diluted? or do u just add more than one tbag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Whoa:eek: gotta get me one of them..doesnt the tea get really diluted? or do u just add more than one tbag.
    Tetley's Extra strong teabags ftw.

ReputationRep:
    Between 3 and 5 pints depending on what im doing.

ReputationRep:
    2-3 a day, normal tea no sugar. Sometimes a decaf in the evenings!

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I went to my friend's house the other day and she gave me tea. I couldn't sleep until 3 am. :sigh: Imagine I'd drunk coffee.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No, except an occasional cup of green tea.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't drink tea, coffee or anything similar. I just don't like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loki276)
    not at all coffee is so much better
    Naat.

ReputationRep:
    coffee has less caffeine than tea

ReputationRep:
    Tea, or the lack of it, has far too much of a hold over what mood I'm in in the morning.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    One or two a day. I prefer the brand Yorkshire Tea over all other supermarket brands (sometimes you'll get some awesome stuff at cafes but the chances are I REALLY want a cup of tea after walking like 8 miles or so, so it just tastes better than it should)
    When I was in China I aquired the taste for what I think might have been jasmine tea. It's just not the same over here though, I find it disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    about 2 or 3 most days but somedays can drink a few more

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Don't like hot drinks.

2-3 peppermint teas

ReputationRep:
    2 mugs a day

ReputationRep:
    I might has tea about once a day... but I'm more of a coffee person. I have about 6 of those in a day...

Normal coffee. Hazelnut coffee. Mocha. Hazelnut mocha. Latte. Cappucino. Hazelnut latte... I've just made myself want some more :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_x)
    I might has tea about once a day... but I'm more of a coffee person. I have about 6 of those in a day...

Normal coffee. Hazelnut coffee. Mocha. Hazelnut mocha. Latte. Cappucino. Hazelnut latte... I've just made myself want some more :p:
    MMmm hazelnut coffee sounds niiicee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    MMmm hazelnut coffee sounds niiicee
    It really is. Full blown java-joe here. Hazelnut syrup from Starbucks - I got bottles of the stuff for Christmas I'd recommend it! :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.