Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My self harm is getting out of control. Help? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :'(.
    I love you! that's a reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous.)
    The way you projected your post sounded like you did not know much about this condition you even mentioned you never under stood why.
    Hence why I thought I would direct you.

Anyway - I agree that sometimes people who are feeling suicidal to others may seem selfish but when you are in the moment you really don't know what is going through their mind. It is a horrible feeling - perhaps selfish to others but a cry for help as well.

Some people are more sensitive than others. I am not even saying being sane is bad - it's great you are however please note that it is a sensitive topic and people would get offended one way or another.
    Yeh, sorry about that but just because I've experienced it before, doesn't mean I understand it(or just understand how anyone can do that to themselves).

The thing is, she was being selfish. The problems she was having were self induced and easily avoidable, but she didn't want to do anything about them, and clearly thought it was okay if her kids walked in on her dead. Didn't care if what ever she was feeling was brought onto other people by her actions.

It is a sensitive topic, but people who are willing to hurt themselves and not consider other people, do not deserve me being considerate to them and their feelings.

-My opinion =)

And stop harming yourself. Just for one second, put yourself in someone else's shoes. What about if someone you cared for or loved, self harmed? What would you say to them? Tell them it's right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    Yeh, sorry about that but just because I've experienced it before, doesn't mean I understand it(or just understand how anyone can do that to themselves).

The thing is, she was being selfish. The problems she was having were self induced and easily avoidable, but she didn't want to do anything about them, and clearly thought it was okay if her kids walked in on her dead. Didn't care if what ever she was feeling was brought onto other people by her actions.

It is a sensitive topic, but people who are willing to hurt themselves and not consider other people, do not deserve me being considerate to them and their feelings.

-My opinion =)

And stop harming yourself. Just for one second, put yourself in someone else's shoes. What about if someone you cared for or loved, self harmed? What would you say to them? Tell them it's right?
    It's ok

And no I don't self harm. I have recovered from that. It was hard but I wanted to get better and I am glad I have stopped.

I guess different people have different ways of coping with stress some hurt themselves, others go partying, take drugs etc for me now its like excessively shopping it's not hurting me but my bank balance definitely.

Yes it is horrible to know that your mother is going through so much and wants to end her life I can imagine the impact. It is not really nice at all. I do see where you are coming from and yes she should get help but at the end of the day if she wants’ it, she will get it.

For example in my situation I am seeing psyc's now because I am fed up of living the lifestyle I live. It is because I want to get better however on other days I can be pretty bad but this is where the professionals come in. Tomorrow I have an appointment to go see more psycs alone and it's scary.
    Where is your mother now? Is she willing to get help?

I know for a fact if I saw a near and dear one do it - I would be devastated and would want to help them so I definitely see your point.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.