Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anyone do both c3 and m1 today? i found m1 really hard what about any of you???

ReputationRep:
    I did m1. I thought it was alright tbh. Few hard questions but nothing I couldn't do . I liked the one which asked you to find when the speed is 8m/s from i's and j's. simple bit of pythagoras and quadratics .

ReputationRep:
    Which M1 is that then?

ReputationRep:
    I did both i thought C3 was alot harder than M1 even though when i started M1 i still had my calculator in radians so it took me a while to work out why my answers wasnt right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdude22)
    I did m1. I thought it was alright tbh. Few hard questions but nothing I couldn't do . I liked the one which asked you to find when the speed is 8m/s from i's and j's. simple bit of pythagoras and quadratics .
    What did you get the time to be for that?

ReputationRep:
    It was AQA, and I got 7.69s and 4s. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_08)
    I did both i thought C3 was alot harder than M1 even though when i started M1 i still had my calculator in radians so it took me a while to work out why my answers wasnt right.
    Ouch!! That is a nasty start to the exam

I did Edexcel.. Can't discuss until 4:30 am.

ReputationRep:
    It was AQA, and I got 7.69s and 4s. You?
    i only got 3.6 but i did mine by using pyhthagrous to all the i's and j's in an equation of motion so im guessing i got that one wrong, but o well that was one of them that i didnt really know what to do i just took a guess.

ReputationRep:
    i only got 3.6 but i did mine by using pyhthagrous to all the i's and j's in an equation of motion so im guessing i got that one wrong, but o well that was one of them that i didnt really know what to do i just took a guess.
    Well did you use the equation for velocity for example  V = (5i +3j) + (3i +2j)t

then use  speed = \sqrt {(5 +3t)^2 + (3 + 2t)^2}

then set speed = 8 and solve the equations from there.

ReputationRep:
    Well did you use the equation for velocity for example  V = (5i +3j) + (3i +2j)t

then use  speed = \sqrt {(5 +3t)^2 + (3 + 2t)^2}

then set speed = 8 and solve the equations from there.
    Yes that is what i did i must have gone wrong when finding t but i suppose i should get method marks

ReputationRep:
    Yes that is what i did i must have gone wrong when finding t but i suppose i should get method marks
    Yeah you should do well then . Do you do further maths?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you should do well then . Do you do further maths?
    No i wish i had though, but im my school you had to get an A star to take it as a 5th a level and i only got on A so taking it would have meant not taking one of my other subjects and going on consortuim to do it were the maths department arent as good.

ReputationRep:
    No i wish i had though, but im my school you had to get an A star to take it as a 5th a level and i only got on A so taking it would have meant not taking one of my other subjects and going on consortuim to do it were the maths department arent as good.
    Oh that sucks :/. It's really hard though!!! got my fp2,3 + 4 exams and I don't reckon I'll get an A in it .

ReputationRep:
    i found M1 really hard. thank goodness for the 'show that' questions. But i couldnt seem to get the answers at all to questions 6,7,8. Im doing M2 now will this help if i want to retake (if i have to retake) for M1? I completely got the time question wrong in mechanics though!

C3 was soo much more better but then again i could have messed up on question 7. fingers crossed nothing major.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.