The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you differentiate 1KN\dfrac{1}{K-N} you get lnKN-\ln |K-N| (since the coefficient of N is -1), hence the result... however it's not quite right, since you should have a constant of integration there (unless the constant on the RHS came from another integral).
nuodai
If you differentiate 1KN\dfrac{1}{K-N} you get lnKN-\ln |K-N| (since the coefficient of N is -1), hence the result... however it's not quite right, since you should have a constant of integration there (unless the constant on the RHS came from another integral).

I think it looks like a differential equation question, where they have to solve it. It also looks like they have gathered the constants, but didn't change the letter (which is what generally occurs).
It's because:

Edit: People beat me to it =(
Reply 4
Pah, yea, realised it the second I posted it. Hmmm.... I'm not thinking right today. Thanks all.
Reply 5
nuodai

Yea, the rhs came from another integral.
Reply 6
nuodai

Careful:p:
Slumpy
Careful:p:

We all knew what he meant :p:

Latest