The Student Room Group

girls, what are your interests and hobbies?

Scroll to see replies

Atherilia
and yes people do go and shop, to go and shop!

I know my grammar is bad I suck at English!

It is a generally known fact that woman were suppressed I may not have any evidence, but a lack of evidence can also be evidence in it's self!
So you are saying doing philosophy is strictly down to wither or not you have studied it? have i not said more than once that philosophy is the love of wisdom! It does not have to be studies to be done!

Those people must be really boring.
Jimbo1234
All you people who said 'the internet' is a hobby need to be shot.
That's not a hobby, that's what you do to to kill time as your boring and don't have anything else to do.

I think that paedophiles would argue against this point.
Atherilia
What BS, you are stereotyping woman as boring when, hell we are not all boring!
So tell me why do you stereotype?!

You are generally boring.
Look at the great lists of hobbies in this thread....'the internet, shopping, music (yet the persons taste will change with the chart as they don't actually like the music, ergo its not a hobby), dancing ( won't be professional or properly done, therefore again, not a hobby but 'what you did in a club a few nights ago'), drawing/art ( unless you actually know about Art and have a good knowledge or artists or styles, its not a hobby but a scribble) etc etc.

This is what most of the thread says, so that is why you get a stereotype.
This is from one of your earlier posts.

fallen angel9: STFU, women can be interesting.
Mazty: I've yet to meet any

:teehee: So let's not talk complete nonsense now.

You're telling me not to infer nonsense when you've incorrectly assumed that I'm a social outcast? :lolwut:

How about you stop contradicting yourself, eh little boy?

By unusual hobbies, I am not referring to geeky activities. I am far from that. I am talking about activities that are rarely associated with those who look typically feminine, like myself. Snowboarding and sailing are less unusual examples. Did you think I was talking about World of Warcraft or something?

I fail to see how a person who lists economics, F1, WRC, and computing & tech as hobbies is in a position to talk about the level of another's social aptitudes. Those hobbies aren't exactly going to project you into being the pinacle of popularity now, is it?

With regards to engineering and social aptitude... wow you're a fan of stereotypes, aren't you? Did it occur to you for a second that perhaps I just wanted to secure myself a well paid, middle class job? :rolleyes: With the low level of intelliegence you have demonstrated in this thread, I guess not.
Before anyone is arguing about social aptitude, lets remember that you are infact, arguing over the internet, writing posts that are too long for anyone else to bother reading and getting angry that someone said women are generally boring. Wow.
Jimbo1234
All you people who said 'the internet' is a hobby need to be shot.
That's not a hobby, that's what you do to to kill time as your boring and don't have anything else to do.

:rofl:
Watch Out For Sharks
Before anyone is arguing about social aptitude, lets remember that you are infact, arguing over the internet, writing posts that are too long for anyone else to bother reading and getting angry that someone said women are generally boring. Wow.

Hey let's look at a few facts for a second:

1. It takes a couple of minutes to write a post.
2. The post is directed at one person and isn't intended for the attention of others.
3. You've clearly read it because you know what was in it.
4. I'm an argumentative bitch, who is bored while doing a piece of coursework.
5. If your brain was anywhere near as big as your t*ts, you'd realise that this has no bearing on my social aptitude.
Reply 107
Ok, so stereotype is the wrong word.
I was not offended for myself, more for some of my friends, who were they to see this thread, would go ballistic en mass.
Reply 108
Jimbo1234
You are generally boring.
Look at the great lists of hobbies in this thread....'the internet, shopping, music (yet the persons taste will change with the chart as they don't actually like the music, ergo its not a hobby) many people do listen to the music, but were I to play a track they liked 5 years ago, most of those I know would go hey I love this track.
, dancing ( won't be professional or properly done, therefore again, not a hobby but 'what you did in a club a few nights ago') you would be surprised i enjoy dancing, I spent 11 years learning dance with a dance school and many other girls have also learn how to dance with a dance school ergo a hobby!
, drawing/art ( unless you actually know about Art and have a good knowledge or artists or styles, its not a hobby but a scribble) etc etc.
I do no take art anymore but I still draw screen shots as a hobby, because I have stopped taking it as a subject that does not mean it isn't a hobby. I just did not want to be told exactly what I could, and could not draw!
-starlight-
Hey let's look at a few facts for a second:

1. It takes a couple of minutes to write a post.
2. The post is directed at one person and isn't intended for the attention of others.
3. You've clearly read it because you know what was in it.
4. I'm an argumentative bitch, who is bored while doing a piece of coursework.
5. If your brain was anywhere near as big as your t*ts, you'd realise that this has no bearing on my social aptitude.

It may take a couple of minutes to write a post, but this argument has been going on for far longer than that.
Directed at one person.. on a social forum? riiiiight.
I didnt read the whole thing, love. It was pretty obvious who was overreacting and why after a few of posts, it is very repetitive.
My brain is far larger than my "t*ts", thanks. But feel free to perve on my pictures all you want if that's the kind of thing you're into...
<3
Reply 111
Fashion, rounders, cooking
Reply 112
All sorts of things. Shopping is alright. I'm not gonna lie, it's nice getting new clothes n stuff, why wouldn't anyone like it. But yeah, anyways.. I do enjoy doing other stuff as well.

I like playing musical intruments, like the drums and piano. Need to get back on the violin but erm yea, it doesn't look like I'll be doing that right away. Want to learn the guitar too. But I'm goin to take it a bit at a time. Try and get something perfected before I move onto something else.

I like sports and martial arts. Got to blue belt and had to stop cos of other commitments. But I'm hoping to get back into that this summer. As well dirt biking.

When I'm bored, which is rarely, I draw random sketches of stuff. Going to places like the pub seems like a waste of time to me. There's way more interesting stuff you could be doing with that time. Well, that's just my opinion anyways. I'm sure there's a ton of people that'll disagree with that =P

I love to dance, then again, who doesn't :biggrin: Maybe get into a good book too. Which reminds me, Dean Koontz 'Velocity' would make a good movie, no?
Anyways, there's too many interests and hobbies to list. And I'm sure I'm bound to annoy a few people too if I go on xp so I'll stop.
I got laid this morning as always, but thanks for your concern.

I can't be bothered to argue with the rest.
Watch Out For Sharks
It may take a couple of minutes to write a post, but this argument has been going on for far longer than that.
Directed at one person.. on a social forum? riiiiight.
I didnt read the whole thing, love. It was pretty obvious who was overreacting and why after a few of posts, it is very repetitive.
My brain is far larger than my "t*ts", thanks. But feel free to perve on my pictures all you want if that's the kind of thing you're into...

You have nothing to worry about. Pictures don't do it for me. It's just from personal experience, big t*itted girls that I've had sex with always seem to lack in the intelligence department. There are exceptions of course, but you didn't seem like one.
-starlight-
You have nothing to worry about. Pictures don't do it for me. It's just from personal experience, big t*itted girls that I've had sex with always seem to lack in the intelligence department. There are exceptions of course, but you didn't seem like one.

Oh I'm not lacking in anything babe :wink:
Nice try, but I'm not a lesbian though. I just don't let gender get in the way of having sex. I admit that I have temper issues, but I certainly don't 'hate' men... trust me. :sexface:
Atherilia
many people do listen to the music, but were I to play a track they liked 5 years ago, most of those I know would go hey I love this track. you would be surprised i enjoy dancing, I spent 11 years learning dance with a dance school and many other girls have also learn how to dance with a dance school ergo a hobby! I do no take art anymore but I still draw screen shots as a hobby, because I have stopped taking it as a subject that does not mean it isn't a hobby. I just did not want to be told exactly what I could, and could not draw!

Though I would be inclined to believe from what people have said that most posts here, and most girls I know, have never taken a dancing lesson in their life, thus it is not a hobby for them. If you have been dancing for such a long period then it is most definitely a hobby/passion. With my point in art and pictures, its not about ability, but interests in art as a subject, aka what artists inspire you, what new artists do you like etc. Most people do not know that, they just draw pictures which is nice, but your 'hobby' could be discussed and summed up in a single sentence.
Just saying, but some girls do like to shop without actually buying anything - 'window shopping' - they enjoy the thrill of shopping, not so much what they actually end up buying; in a much more extreme form, it can turn into kleptomania & shopping addiction, where it's the whole experience and adrenaline, even, that they enjoy, and they don't actually ever use what they buy/take. (I'm not one of these girls btw, I only ever like shopping if it's by myself and for something interesting like books/art equipment/food/sports stuff - I certainly don't make a 'hobby' out of it.)

There's been lots of girls in this thread who have named some very interesting-sounding hobbies - why do you seem to ignore them all and still say that you find most girls boring? There's been hardly anyone so far who's just listed shopping, fashion, internet etc. without anything else like sports, reading, arts, musical instruments etc.
Reply 119
Jimbo1234
Though I would be inclined to believe from what people have said that most posts here, and most girls I know, have never taken a dancing lesson in their life, thus it is not a hobby for them. If you have been dancing for such a long period then it is most definitely a hobby/passion. With my point in art and pictures, its not about ability, but interests in art as a subject, aka what artists inspire you, what new artists do you like etc. Most people do not know that, they just draw pictures which is nice, but your 'hobby' could be discussed and summed up in a single sentence.

im guna get ya punk

Quick Reply

Latest