Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with grade requirements for Dentistry =\
    I know you need those As and A*s, but how many? I've been told you need 7 A*s? I want to know if this is right :confused: Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about GCSEs or A levels?
    If its GCSEs - they don't matter that much, there aren't any set requirments
    If its A levels - its definately not 7A*s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sighrawr)
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with grade requirements for Dentistry =\
    I know you need those As and A*s, but how many? I've been told you need 7 A*s? I want to know if this is right :confused: Thanks
    Grade requirements are stated on the uni websites

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Starofale, I'm talking about GCSEs. And thanks bds007 but I already checked uni websites. For medicine it says 7 A*s but I've been told you need the same for dentistry... that's all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think GCSEs are very important:
    King's College London (University of London)
    Dentistry (5 years)
    http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun...?n=975005#CSRA
    GCSE grade B in English Language and Mathematics unless offered at A/AS level.
    The University of Sheffield
    Dentistry
    5 year full-time Degree
    http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun...?n=992529#CSRA
    GCSE English, Mathematics and Chemistry at a minimum of grade C
    I got this information from http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun...word=DENTISTRY

A levels are a lot more important for your degree. Make sure you do well enough in your GCSEs to go to a good 6th form / college and make sure you pick the A levels the universities say you need for your course.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot. I was already going to do the appropriate A Levels (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and History) at a 6th form which comes in the top 10% of the country (woo). So, hopefully my A Level grades will be enough for dentistry in the future.

ReputationRep:
    That is totally wrong- for medicine and dentistry there is no requirement of a certain number of A*s. I've applied to dentistry with less than 7A*s- but you should have at least an A in biology, chemistry, physics, maths and english at gcse.....lots of work experience in different settings and community service.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm aiming for Maths isn't my strongest subject, but I'm going to work at it! And as for all the experience, I don't have much at the moment but I plan on gaining a lot during sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE grades aren't the be all and end all. Just try your best. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    GCSE grades aren't the be all and end all. Just try your best. Good luck
    Aww thanks So you're aiming for dentistry too then?

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks So you're aiming for dentistry too then?

:yes: where i've applied and stuff is in my sig

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.