The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Are you talking about GCSEs or A levels?
If its GCSEs - they don't matter that much, there aren't any set requirments
If its A levels - its definately not 7A*s
Reply 2
Sighrawr
Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with grade requirements for Dentistry =\
I know you need those As and A*s, but how many? I've been told you need 7 A*s? I want to know if this is right :confused: Thanks

Grade requirements are stated on the uni websites
Reply 3
Yeah Starofale, I'm talking about GCSEs. And thanks bds007 but I already checked uni websites. For medicine it says 7 A*s but I've been told you need the same for dentistry... that's all.
Reply 4
I don't think GCSEs are very important:
King's College London (University of London)
Dentistry (5 years)
http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/DfWRtGyZLuG11Aa4b4oyBtCVTGRC1-4hJw/HAHTpage/search.HsEntryReq.run?n=975005#CSRA
GCSE grade B in English Language and Mathematics unless offered at A/AS level.

The University of Sheffield
Dentistry
5 year full-time Degree
http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/DfWRtGyZLuG11Aa4b4oyBtCVTGRC1-4hJw/HAHTpage/search.HsEntryReq.run?n=992529#CSRA
GCSE English, Mathematics and Chemistry at a minimum of grade C

I got this information from http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/DfWRtGyZLuG11Aa4b4oyBtCVTGRC1-4hJw/HAHTpage/search.HsKeywordSearch.whereNext?query=181&word=DENTISTRY

A levels are a lot more important for your degree. Make sure you do well enough in your GCSEs to go to a good 6th form / college and make sure you pick the A levels the universities say you need for your course.
Reply 5
Thanks a lot. I was already going to do the appropriate A Levels (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and History) at a 6th form which comes in the top 10% of the country (woo). So, hopefully my A Level grades will be enough for dentistry in the future.
Sighrawr
Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with grade requirements for Dentistry =\
I know you need those As and A*s, but how many? I've been told you need 7 A*s? I want to know if this is right :confused: Thanks

That is totally wrong- for medicine and dentistry there is no requirement of a certain number of A*s. I've applied to dentistry with less than 7A*s- but you should have at least an A in biology, chemistry, physics, maths and english at gcse.....lots of work experience in different settings and community service.
Reply 7
That's what I'm aiming for :smile: Maths isn't my strongest subject, but I'm going to work at it! And as for all the experience, I don't have much at the moment but I plan on gaining a lot during sixth form.
Reply 8
GCSE grades aren't the be all and end all. Just try your best. Good luck :smile:
Reply 9
TwirlGirl
GCSE grades aren't the be all and end all. Just try your best. Good luck :smile:

Aww thanks :smile: So you're aiming for dentistry too then?
Sighrawr
Aww thanks :smile: So you're aiming for dentistry too then?

:yes: where i've applied and stuff is in my sig :smile:

Latest