Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey there guys!

I was basically looking for anyone else who is currently sharing my plight.

I applied to be a police officer for Kent police back in thier Oct 2008 recruitment opening. I was notified in January 2009 that I had passed paper sift be due to the volume of applications they would not be able to tell me a date for assessment. I was then told I could expect an assessment possibly during summer 2009. That quickly passed and the next correspondance told me i could possibly expect it May 2010! Surprise, surprise I got another letter now just stating i can expect it "summer 2010".

After looking at a few other forums, I'm beginning to feel like the only one who's waiting this long in this particular intake. Am i likely to face massive waits between all of the other recruiment stages if i get through? Is anone else who applied at the same time experiencing this problem?

I have a feeling that this will turn into a good 3-4year application. Let that be a warning to anyone thinking of applying to Kent police, you've gotta be in it for the long run!

Sarah xx

EDIT: sorry guys, posted this in the wrong place to begin with (public sector)

Hey-I was reading this police forum once about people who are in your situation, or wanting to apply and what not and i gatherered that it can be a long process between each of the stages...one dude said he was going to have to re-do his fitness test as it had expired!
    good luck!!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.