Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone else is planning on putting UEA as a firm choice to study psychology?

Also, does anyone know what textbooks are needed for the first semester to get an idea of what we will be learning? Im currently on a gap year so i have plenty of time to do some reading etc. Ive not done any sociology before so if its a big part of the module then i thought i could do some reading before! Any help would be great :-)

Laura

ReputationRep:
    not me

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I have an unconditional offer for UEA Psychology and will most probably be going there in September.

I haven't been sent anything at all and probably won't be until either I firm it or later to term time. Some basic psychology books to get your head round things might help? I don't think there's any part of the course that does sociology (at least I bloody hope not, I'm a sociology drop-out haha), but it does seem to be heavily weighted on the social psychology modules. Perhaps get a social psychology book and have a read through that maybe?

Might see you next year Do you have an offer there yet?

ReputationRep:
    I have a conditional offer for next year and I'm really hoping I get the grades...do you need BBB aswell? Yeah i think it is pretty strong on social, which is good because I hate biological side!

ReputationRep:
    I got my unconditional offer last week! Probably gonna be my firm :-)
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djn307)
    Heyyya, I've got a BBB conditional offer too, and have chosen as my firm.

This may not exactly answer the initial question but the link to the recommended reading list on this page that i came across on the UEA site may be of some use to ya
    http://www.uea.ac.uk/ssf/information...dents/ugswpreg

=]

Oooh awesome, nice find! Thanks! Gives me something to do for the rest of the year, haha

ReputationRep:
    Hey this is my firm choice too, I'm not on a gap year though - going straight from Sixth Form so just a conditional offer at the moment (need BBB) - I'm so excited

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I have an unconditional offer from UEA (on a gap year at the moment) just waiting to hear back from one of my choices but think I will be choosing to go to UEA in September

ReputationRep:
    hi, yeah ive got a conditional offer from UEA for psychology and its now my firm choice, they want BBB, i really hope i get the grades! My insurance is Essex.

when i went to the open day and the follow up one just for psychology it seemed like they has a good focus on social psychology. Also, they seemed to have a lot of choice and flexibility in the third year so i guess theres a lot of topics they cover. To be honest, my advice would be reading about the topics that interest you most, that way youve already got an idea about which areas of psychology you'd like to investigate in more depth once your taking your degree.

hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional offer of BBB as well, and i've replied to my offers and UEA is my firm. I'm so excited!
    Is anyone going to the visit day in a couple of weeks?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm hoping to study Psychology at UEA in September. (: Just need BBB to get in. Really looking forward to it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.