Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Personally I found English lit the hardest but I've been told that Astronomy old spec is fairly hard, but I don't think it is, as 1. We have double the usual lesson time to take it and 2. I'm taking it in my third year of college, I've already taken 2 A levels and about 4 AS levels or equivalent, of course I'm finding it easy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multipla1)
    French!
    But thats just propably because i never paid attention to all the past participle, reflexive whatnot, and ireegular stuff.......

It was all chinese to me!
    AGREED ! *HI5* French was just....digusting :|

ReputationRep:
    chemistry for me got there in the end but just very confusing. and closey followed by maths but got a tutor the jan before the exam and that helped immensly.

ReputationRep:
    english language, english lit, spanish, history

ReputationRep:
    I'd say French but I passed too so really there is no subject that if you study you won't get an A/pass whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Is English lit. that hard? Loads of people seem to be mentioning it.
    Doesn't hold out much hope for me, the English department at my school is rubbish xD

I'd add English lang. to my little list, but just because you can't really revise for it, and it hasn't really got set answers like maths.. I hate open-to-interpretation subjects. :/

ReputationRep:
    LATIN.
    URGH.
    VIRGIL.
    URGH.

And I'm a nutter so I'm taking it next year as well...

ReputationRep:
    For me it was Physics. I did quite well in English Lit and German even though I enjoyed neither.

gcse's are easy. wait for a-levels. a-level maths = bleuuuurgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    For the amount of information one needs to learn, History. Other competitors, Art, Maths and perhaps Physics for me.

I'm not really sure about the people above mentioning English lit. and Spanish - they're easy!
    I found spanish piss, but I couldn't get my head around the English gcses, they would be my votes for the most difficult.

ReputationRep:
    EASILY languages. Trust.

ReputationRep:
    definately sign language gcse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by class_act)
    arabic :/
    you sick muslim
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It would probably be Astrophysics/Astronomy as its only open to people doing A2 Physics at my college

ReputationRep:
    I always sucked at Physics. Before my GCSE exam I had to spend weeks and weeks trying to teach it to myself because a). I understood barely any of it over the 2 years and b). My teacher was *****.

In the end I just learnt the answers to the questions, even though I had absolutely no idea what they meant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixiePlumber)
    Personally I found English lit the hardest but I've been told that Astronomy old spec is fairly hard, but I don't think it is, as 1. We have double the usual lesson time to take it and 2. I'm taking it in my third year of college, I've already taken 2 A levels and about 4 AS levels or equivalent, of course I'm finding it easy!
    I'm tempted to do that, take some GCSE's.

ReputationRep:
    History or Business studies - both had exam papers with perhaps 3 or 4 short questions, followed by a massive 35-40 marker. In year 11 I was much less able to think critically about something, argue for and against something with evidence and reasoning, or generally structure an argument properly. That was just too much for me - I could never get enough marks on the big questions. Hence the two I mentioned were my two C's at GCSE - my lowest grades :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A foreign language for me, I think. I'm terrible at them. fml.

ReputationRep:
    Art and then English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    Latin. Eurgh

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.