Turn on thread page Beta

Do you feel OK sleeping in the same bed your bf/gf and their ex slept in? Or do you watch

Do you feel OK sleeping in the same bed your partner and their ex slept (had sex) in?
    Or do you buy a new bed?

ReputationRep:
    i would make him buy a new bed

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you've got issues.

It's just a bed.

ReputationRep:
    I would buy a new bed, but that's because I wouldn't ever want to remember my ex at all, I got a new one the week after I dumped him! If your OK with it fine, I'm not though, hence why I got a new one

ReputationRep:
    Just a bed. I could understand though, if you were like... married.

(Original post by Reue)
    Wow, you've got issues.

It's just a bed.
    What about a new mattress?

ReputationRep:
    As long as the sheets are clean, yes.

I'm sure they wouldnt make you sleep in the same *** stained sheets. If you need to get a new bed, you have issues.

ReputationRep:
    The thought hadn't even crossed my mind until this thread.

Now it's crossed my mind : Yes I would feel OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What about a new mattress?
    Turn it over.

My ex was really iffy that I'd not changed my sheets since I'd split up with the guy before him haha. I don't really mind tbh.
    As long as I mark it as my own after, if you get what I mean
    And I don't mean peeing all over the bed haha.

ReputationRep:
    So long as the sheets have been changed since they slept there..... :dontknow:

(Original post by Reue)
    Turn it over.
    What if there's a pee stain on the underside and a *** stain on the top side.

ReputationRep:
    I would feel fine as long as the sheets had been washed.

Actually I find it a little strange when I think about it. I would never demand that someone should buy a new bed over it, but I do find the fact that we have sex in the same bed as he and his ex did a little weird. So I just try not to think about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What if there's a pee stain on the underside and a *** stain on the top side.
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    It's never even occurred to me tbh.

ReputationRep:
    If I had to replace the bed everytime I break up with a girl I'd have gone through a whole Dreams warehouse by now :laugh:
    Na, it's just a bed and besides I hardly have sex on my own bed it creeps me out having others on it...I can't sleep after :erm: psychological OCD issues :sigh:

(Original post by Lizia)
    Can you blame him?! That either means you jump into bed with a new guy pretty quickly, or you're filthy and don't change the sheets much. Either way, I don't blame him for being "iffy".
    Lol it's not even like that either. It was like, his first visit over to mine, like 3 months down the line. And he completely hated my ex. Completely clashed.

And ofcourse I'd changed my sheets! It's not as if me and him even did anything then anyway. I ditched him soon after, so it didnt really matter

ReputationRep:
    It has crossed my mind 'oh, he's been in this bed' but at the end of the day, a bed is a bed, chances are the sheets have been cleaned since then. Jeez, if people were this anal and neurotic about everything we'd never get anything done.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.