Turn on thread page Beta

I really like a guy I met online but when I met him I wasn't attracted to him... watch

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8094/87772065.jpg

He wears chinos and black suede trainers all the time and when he tucks his shirt in he reminds me of:
    http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1998_..._Brown_001.jpg

I am honestly not a troll. Of course he doesn't look exactly like that character from there's Something about Mary.. but in terms of his posture and stomach and high waisted trousers... he does!

I met this guy on the internet and really like his personality online.. but his dress sense and the fact that when he laughs he giggles in a really high pitched way... makes me think it was a big mistake getting feelings for a guy online.

I am really attracted to him online, but not in person! Has anyone else experienced this?

you should have web camed it before meeting. with sound.

I met someone on the old FB. We get on so well! Our personalities are so alike, he makes me laugh has good prospects etc. He's perfect in every way except his looks. I cant get beyond that, so we'll never be anything more than friends. Don't worry about it, just talk to him over the net!

ReputationRep:
    High waisted trousers, oh baby

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you shouldn't have tried to date someone online? Never works... How are you supposed to know if you're are physically attracted to them? I know looks aren't everything thing but if you're not even slightly attracted to them surely they'll just turn out to be a friend?

ReputationRep:
    Lmfao.

Sorry if this is serious pmsl.

ReputationRep:
    dont date online its never a good end its just desperation

(Original post by z332008)
    dont date online its never a good end its just desperation
    No it's not.... I didn't mean to. I just met up with him because I really liked him. When I met him and he went to hug me I kind of cringed. Thing is when we talk online I like him again :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No it's not.... I didn't mean to. I just met up with him because I really liked him. When I met him and he went to hug me I kind of cringed. Thing is when we talk online I like him again :s
    you can grow to like him
    personality comes first then after that you will become attracted to him trust me

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you give him another chance then? Meet up with him again or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z332008)
    you can grow to like him
    personality comes first then after that you will become attracted to him trust me
    Absolute balls.

She likes him online and doesn't like him offline, which means his persona/social skills are pretty good when he's comfortable sitting behind his computer screen, but out in the open he's useless and not really a great person to be around.

If you're not going to meet up with him again then carry on chatting online it won't do any harm. But if there's a chance that you'll meet up again, or if he thinks there's something romantic going on, try to reduce the amount that you chat otherwise he's going to think he's in when you really don't enjoy spending time with him offline.

ReputationRep:
    You should just get with me. I have a killer dress sense. (modesty fail) blaaaaah!

ReputationRep:
    Chinos are da bomb though.

ReputationRep:
    People lie about themselves online?! NO WAY!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You can "fix" him :p:

ReputationRep:
    Throw that fish back into the sea and learn from your mistake.

(Original post by dobbs)
    Absolute balls.

She likes him online and doesn't like him offline, which means his persona/social skills are pretty good when he's comfortable sitting behind his computer screen, but out in the open he's useless and not really a great person to be around.

If you're not going to meet up with him again then carry on chatting online it won't do any harm. But if there's a chance that you'll meet up again, or if he thinks there's something romantic going on, try to reduce the amount that you chat otherwise he's going to think he's in when you really don't enjoy spending time with him offline.
    There is a really delicate issue I didn't mention. He came to visit the city I live in and stayed with his friend... I swear the whole week he was here he didn't wash. His hair got progressively greasier and he smelt so strongly of BO by the last day I almost passed out. I didn't say anything because I was too embarrassed to bring it up.. he's very kind and a good person... but the physical issues.. I don't even think he'll change.. he likes to be accepeted as he is. Do you think he didn't wash for a week because he was staying with his friend and (who is some sort of anarchist...) maybe he didn't want to use up hot water and spend other people's money....?

ReputationRep:
    There is a really delicate issue I didn't mention. He came to visit the city I live in and stayed with his friend... I swear the whole week he was here he didn't wash. His hair got progressively greasier and he smelt so strongly of BO by the last day I almost passed out. I didn't say anything because I was too embarrassed to bring it up.. he's very kind and a good person... but the physical issues.. I don't even think he'll change.. he likes to be accepeted as he is. Do you think he didn't wash for a week because he was staying with his friend and (who is some sort of anarchist...) maybe he didn't want to use up hot water and spend other people's money....?
    Actually sack that, he sounds like one to avoid BIG time!

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Just keep him as a friend. You're allowed male friends!

ReputationRep:
    I would never meet up with someone from the internet before webcamming with them first, primarily because how else do you know they're who they say they are?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.