Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I really like a guy I met online but when I met him I wasn't attracted to him... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Tell the guy the TRUTH.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Maybe it's the same guy who decided to go in the other direction and not wash in case the aftershave put people off!

... really this guy who hug me every 5 seconds and it was kind of a creepy hug where he'd stand still, raise his shoulders and stretch his arms like a zombie and then squeeze me hard. I'd try to duck but I think I came across to him as playful or something. I ducked because the smell was so bad.

The thing is.... he's a really really good listener... but we do disagree on many things. I don't even think he believes in monogamy... but I think it's because he's so eager for love he's spreading his net wide. Half of me really misses his dry sense of humour and his brains (really clever guy! but the other half just remembers his high pitched giggle and the fact he had to text his mum every day at the same time... + the BO and really dodgy high waisted trouser thing.

I don't talk to him now.. well he keeps emailing me every couple of weeks asking how I am.... I do want to start talking again, but he starts telling me how beautiful I am and how much he misses me and because I like him online I start to think did I imagine all the bad things in person.. but I didn't, so I just have to stop myself from replying often because then he gets clingy and I feel annoyed/lonely.
    Mine didnt just send me a photo, we were friends on myspace and facebook, were you friends on there too? Urgh mine tells me how much he misses me *cringe* I know I sound like a horrible stuck up person, but seriously if I am not interested I do not like to be pursued. I don't want to hurt his feelings and tell him he makes me uncomfortable because technically he hasnt done anything wrong. But just because he is trying so so hard, like on facebook he joins the groups of things I'm into which is annoying as I want someone who is you know... a person with their own thoughts. Its like he's really desperate or something :/

Mine didnt have a mum thing, but he is SUPER brainy (which is why I was attracted to him. Me likey nerds). So I'm not going to give away what he does because he might read this :/ but he didnt wear trousers.

ReputationRep:
    tell the stinky, desperate ******* you don't want his pathetic being invading your personal space

but tell him nicely

Mine didnt just send me a photo, we were friends on myspace and facebook, were you friends on there too? Urgh mine tells me how much he misses me *cringe* I know I sound like a horrible stuck up person, but seriously if I am not interested I do not like to be pursued. I don't want to hurt his feelings and tell him he makes me uncomfortable because technically he hasnt done anything wrong. But just because he is trying so so hard, like on facebook he joins the groups of things I'm into which is annoying as I want someone who is you know... a person with their own thoughts. Its like he's really desperate or something :/
    The guy I met was on a dating site which I joined for lulz. I didn't want to meet anyone, but we became good friends and he's a very kind person. After I met him.. I killed that account! I wanted to exorcise the BO ghost of him haha (that sounds mean.. but seriously...) It's really urrgh when someone tells you they miss you 500 times a day, so I totally sympathise. The guy I met didn't try to like all the things I like, we used to fight a lot then he'd aim to kiss me.. which to be honest is a good trait.. if you like a guy and want him to like you no matter what.. but Poooo-y. Too smelly.

ReputationRep:
    epic fail, minor lol

The guy I met was on a dating site which I joined for lulz. I didn't want to meet anyone, but we became good friends and he's a very kind person. After I met him.. I killed that account! I wanted to exorcise the BO ghost of him haha (that sounds mean.. but seriously...) It's really urrgh when someone tells you they miss you 500 times a day, so I totally sympathise. The guy I met didn't try to like all the things I like, we used to fight a lot then he'd aim to kiss me.. which to be honest is a good trait.. if you like a guy and want him to like you no matter what.. but Poooo-y. Too smelly.
    This 'I miss you' is SO annoying and the clinginess. Normally if he was okay looking (he was really bad looking) and had an okay personality I would be quite happy as 'awww it's quite sweet' but when someone is trying to impress you and nothing is going on, it's a little inappropriate. Besides its just so sad when he tries to join stuff that i'm into. And he sent me a pm of him (as in his profile page) on a forum of this sport that I play for my uni. Thats how sad it is.

But there is this other super hot guy (like the whole intelligent-pretty but manly) guy I like, who I'm friends with and he brought up something I had written in my profile (it wasnt even subtle like we were discussing something to do with the uni work and next thing he's like (I want to join a ___ society)) of the interest I have in my profile). But that is sort of the similar thing, except that he is quite popular, outgoing and the whole package really. But we havent spoken in ages and he isnt in my year.

This 'I miss you' is SO annoying and the clinginess. Normally if he was okay looking (he was really bad looking) and had an okay personality I would be quite happy as 'awww it's quite sweet' but when someone is trying to impress you and nothing is going on, it's a little inappropriate. Besides its just so sad when he tries to join stuff that i'm into. And he sent me a pm of him (as in his profile page) on a forum of this sport that I play for my uni. Thats how sad it is.

But there is this other super hot guy (like the whole intelligent-pretty but manly) guy I like, who I'm friends with and he brought up something I had written in my profile (it wasnt even subtle like we were discussing something to do with the uni work and next thing he's like (I want to join a ___ society)) of the interest I have in my profile). But that is sort of the similar thing, except that he is quite popular, outgoing and the whole package really. But we havent spoken in ages and he isnt in my year.
    Context matters - heck if I had a hot, smart guy chasing me I'd be happy. Well.... clinginess I can't stand. There needs to be the right balance of 'I want you, I needs you' and manliness. Are you unsure about the hot guy.. maybe try getting some (mutual) friends together and invite him along

Context matters - heck if I had a hot, smart guy chasing me I'd be happy. Well.... clinginess I can't stand. There needs to be the right balance of 'I want you, I needs you' and manliness. Are you unsure about the hot guy.. maybe try getting some (mutual) friends together and invite him along
    Lol this is actually quite relaxing, it's great talking about this stuff! I wouldn't say chase lol. But we don't talk at all normally, we are in the same society together ( i do a lot of society stuff) and he's on the commitee but I'm the head, and whenever we discuss anything he is really serious, avoids eye contact that sorta thing. But maybe because he's just being professional, but when we had a bar crawl social I didnt turn up to the first place (me + friends making costumes made us late) and he asked me why he hadnt seen me at the first place. I was like 'oh you noticed :woo:' so that was great for me as we never talk at all, and we had a nice little conversation . Well first of all he walked past us and smiled, then called my name and came back and then we talked (I am so sad...). And then we talked a tiny little bit online. Thats all, but he has this gorgeous intense stare and whenever we are in the same place he always looks over. Mmmm.

How about you, any distractions?

Either stay or go. Don't even think about trying to change him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    you should have web camed it before meeting. with sound.

this. ALWAYS cam and speak to beforehand, never know who you could end up with !!!

(Original post by EmiPark)
    Either stay or go. Don't even think about trying to change him.
    She didnt mention anything about changing him, just he disappointed her and if anyone else has had this.

She didnt mention anything about changing him, just he disappointed her and if anyone else has had this.
    Yes, I know, I'm not stupid. But someone else said all she had to do was 'fix' him, along those lines anyway.

Yes, I know, I'm not stupid. But someone else said all she had to do was 'fix' him, along those lines anyway.
    I didn't say you were but I agree with you anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    Post a pic of yourself op

ReputationRep:
    i had the same thing happen :/
    it was a mates mate and she said he was great, personalitly, looks, everything
    so i thought what the hey, chatting cant hurt, so i did n i ended up really liking him online
    but when he came over to see me :lolwut:
    not that he wasnt ok looking, i just wasnt attracted to him which sucked cos hes really nice :/
    just had to let him down gently, met up with him once after that but made it more as mates than a date

ReputationRep:
    You're dating Simon Cowell?!

(Original post by Guy Secretan)
    Post a pic of yourself op
    I agree with this vague answer. What made you, the OP, so good looking? I bet he thinks the same about you...and chances are he won't be attracted to you when he finds out what you've been saying behind his back.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should have seen this coming ...

I agree with this vague answer. What made you, the OP, so good looking? I bet he thinks the same about you...and chances are he won't be attracted to you when he finds out what you've been saying behind his back.
    I don't think he thinks the same way about me... well he keeps trying to get in contact with me. It's true that if he realised that I told everyone he smells he probably would be very angry/sad with me... but trust me, that is something anyone with a nose can notice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.