Turn on thread page Beta

I really like a guy I met online but when I met him I wasn't attracted to him... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    I agree with this vague answer. What made you, the OP, so good looking? I bet he thinks the same about you...and chances are he won't be attracted to you when he finds out what you've been saying behind his back.
    **** off. When did she say she was good looking? What made you think she thought she was good looking? This guy seems incapable of even the basic level of hygiene, and unfortunately we can't all be as accommodating to disgusting body odour as you.

Maybe you're used to it? I sense some bitterness. :lol:

Let me guess, you're one of those really irritating people that seems to think that you can't criticise someone unless you yourself are an expert in the field you're criticising them for?

(Original post by Igor00)
    **** off. When did she say she was good looking? What made you think she thought she was good looking? This guy seems incapable of even the basic level of hygiene, and unfortunately we can't all be as accommodating to disgusting body odour as you.

Maybe you're used to it? I sense some bitterness. :lol:

Let me guess, you're one of those really irritating people that seems to think that you can't criticise someone unless you yourself are an expert in the field you're criticising them for?
    Lol...attention seeking much?

She made a thread about how she doesn't like how a man looks, so she must be pretty good looking to think that he doesn't feel the same way. And maybe she is?

Yes, I'm so used to disgusting body odour, it's crazy huh? You'd almost think that sweat is a natural process and happens every second of every day. It's disgusting when people sweat and they reek, I mean, it's not like there is actually a medical disorder called hyperhidrosis.

And the last paragraph of what you said was really dumb. I seem to think that people can't criticise other people if they aren't an expert in the field? Hahaha, you can't be seriouslly arguing with me?? Of course you can't criticise someone if you aren't an expert in the field...and if you did, that would make you a hypocrite!

*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    wowzer. i dont know why people are focused on this guy living in the internet, thats immaterial in all honesty. its more the fact hes clingy, weird and smells a bit. real world people with those "qualities" arent a good catch either.

ReputationRep:
    Lol...attention seeking much?

She made a thread about how she doesn't like how a man looks, so she must be pretty good looking to think that he doesn't feel the same way. And maybe she is?

Yes, I'm so used to disgusting body odour, it's crazy huh? You'd almost think that sweat is a natural process and happens every second of every day. It's disgusting when people sweat and they reek, I mean, it's not like there is actually a medical disorder called hyperhidrosis.

And the last paragraph of what you said was really dumb. I seem to think that people can't criticise other people if they aren't an expert in the field? Hahaha, you can't be seriouslly arguing with me?? Of course you can't criticise someone if you aren't an expert in the field...and if you did, that would make you a hypocrite!

*sigh*
    She hasn't said whether she thinks the guy finds her attractive or not. That's irrelevant. What the OP has said, is that she doesn't fancy a guy that she otherwise likes talking to. You don't have to be a 10 to find someone unattractive.

What you're saying, and I'll type this out real clear for you (see, I can be condescending too!), is that unless you are good looking yourself, you can't comment on the attractiveness of others. This is ********.

I'm struggling to find your point in the second paragraph. People sweat? Nice observation, but people can also shower, and wash their hair, and use deodorant. Three things that this guy neglected to do for an entire week. Three things that most normal people (with any shred of self-respect) manage to do just fine. I don't know why you felt the need to drop a rare medical condition in there..

And finally, your last paragraph is golden. What you're saying to me is that unless I am, for example, a great guitar player, I am unable to criticize someone else's poor playing? That's absurd!

And again with the little *sigh* at the end there. Nice touch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    er duh. that;s the risk of the internet so,,,your fault.
    Exactly.

Can't be meeting people in real life unless you're an cyber maestro who knows their **** tbh.

(Original post by Igor00)
    She hasn't said whether she thinks the guy finds her attractive or not. That's irrelevant. What the OP has said, is that she doesn't fancy a guy that she otherwise likes talking to. You don't have to be a 10 to find someone unattractive.

What you're saying, and I'll type this out real clear for you (see, I can be condescending too!), is that unless you are good looking yourself, you can't comment on the attractiveness of others. This is ********.

I'm struggling to find your point in the second paragraph. People sweat? Nice observation, but people can also shower, and wash their hair, and use deodorant. Three things that this guy neglected to do for an entire week. Three things that most normal people (with any shred of self-respect) manage to do just fine. I don't know why you felt the need to drop a rare medical condition in there..

And finally, your last paragraph is golden. What you're saying to me is that unless I am, for example, a great guitar player, I am unable to criticize someone else's poor playing? That's absurd!

And again with the little *sigh* at the end there. Nice touch.
    But you do have to be a 10 to find someone attractive and then go online, create a thread about it and tell everyone he reminds her of a handicapped guy from a film, and to also have it affect whether you go any further with him.

How do you know he didn't shower for a week?? Am I missing something here?? Rare medical condition? Excessive sweating is common :confused:

What?? I said if you are a 'great guitar player' you are able to criticise someone else's poor playing, you're the one that said what you just said I said.

Of course you can't criticise someone if you aren't an expert in the field
    Are you American? -> "criticize"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8094/87772065.jpg

He wears chinos and black suede trainers all the time and when he tucks his shirt in he reminds me of:
    http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1998_..._Brown_001.jpg

I am honestly not a troll. Of course he doesn't look exactly like that character from there's Something about Mary.. but in terms of his posture and stomach and high waisted trousers... he does!

I met this guy on the internet and really like his personality online.. but his dress sense and the fact that when he laughs he giggles in a really high pitched way... makes me think it was a big mistake getting feelings for a guy online.

I am really attracted to him online, but not in person! Has anyone else experienced this?
    If you like him as a person, then just tell him he needs to change his dress sense. What's the problemo

ReputationRep:
    Are you American? -> "criticize"
    Perfectly correct UK English, as accepted by Oxford University Press. 'ise'and 'ize' are interchangeable, but 'ize' is preferable.

kthnx :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    You're shallow. Tell him you're not attracted to him and the poor bloke can go away and find someone better than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Perfectly correct UK English, as accepted by Oxford University Press. 'ise'and 'ize' are interchangeable, but 'ize' is preferable.

Haha indeed. But C'MON don't you just hate the Yankee Zness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Haha indeed. But C'MON don't you just hate the Yankee Zness?

I do, if I ever see the word 'color' I feel like punching someone in the face. I can't stand Americanisms, I just wanted to correct the pretentious poster, can you blame me? :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    I do, if I ever see the word 'color' I feel like punching someone in the face. I can't stand Americanisms, I just wanted to correct the pretentious poster, can you blame me? :pinch:
    Haha! So true. Honor/center/favorite. GAH!

How've you been since PMing me with your spam alt :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)

How've you been since PMing me with your spam alt :p:
    Okay, I honestly don't know what you're talking about here ^^^ ??

I forgot Oxford University created the English Language. *retard face*

ReputationRep:
    I forgot Oxford University created the English Language. *retard face*
    This is genuinely the most stupid reply you could have given here.

I'm pretentious? Have you seen your own profile? :mmm: I'm sorry, but I'm not going to indulge or accommodate your self deluded mind like everyone else. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretentious? Have you seen your own profile? :mmm: I'm sorry, but I'm not going to indulge or accommodate your self deluded mind like everyone else. :sogood:

Okay. What a pointless reply. Scurry off. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Let the cat fight begin lol...

This is genuinely the most stupid reply you could have given here.
    It's not as stupid as a reply that tells someone they gave the stupidest reply they could have. In the English Language, it's 'ise'. The Americans spell it 'ize'. The whole reason they spell it that way is because of how their dialect makes them say words differently and also because of Webster's dictionary. So unless you talk like an American, you shouldn't be writing 'ize'.

Okay. What a pointless reply. Scurry off. :yes:
    Why do you feel the need to shrug off what I'm saying by making out 'it's pointless'? Could not think of anything at all to actually say? Brain dead? :mmm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.