Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really need someone to reassure me or something! I don't know where this paranoia has come from!

I just asked my boyfriend if he's done that 'my fine is..' thing and he had. After asking him what I got its obvious he'd counted in the 'kissed someone you don't know' (It's obvious cause its £0.10 and nothing else on the list is less than £1 apart from peeing in the pool haha).

Thing is, this really surprised me because he came straight out of a relationship with his ex (3 year relationship) into one with me (and we've been together for 14 months). I asked him about it and he said it happened in freshers week, was just a dare and he hasn't seen her since.

It just worries me that he cheated on his ex within a week of being in uni, and if he did it then, has he got it in him to do it again?
    Also I'm not even sure he's telling me the truth...he didn't seem happy me mentioning it. Doesn't sound right that it was a dare either, so they were probably doing drinking games or something, but he never knew her name or saw her ever again?

I'm normally the least paranoid person ever about our relationship! We're long distance so I have to trust him completely. But something just doesn't ring true to me about his story and I feel weirdly suspicious.
    I'm worried I'm going to end up being hurt because of him making drunken errors ((

ps. sorry if you have no idea what I'm on about with the facebook fine thing. It's a stupid chain mail type thing and I wish I'd never seen it or asked him if he'd done it

ReputationRep:
    Just so people know what it is:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Smoked weed -- £10
    Did acid or pills -- £5
    Ever had sex at church -- £25
    Woke up in the morning and did not know the person who was next to you -- £40
    Had sex with someone on MySpace/Facebook/Bebo etc -- £25
    Had sex for money -- £100
    Ever had sex with a Stranger -- £20
    Vandalized something -- £20
    Had sex on your parents' bed -- £10
    Beat up someone -- £20
    Been jumped -- £10
    Cross dressed -- £10
    Given money to stripper -- £25
    Been in love with a stripper -- £20
    Kissed someone who's name you didn't know -- £0.10
    Hit on some one while at work -- £15
    Ever drive and drank -- £150
    Ever got drunk at work, or went to work while still drunk -- £50
    Used toys while having sex -- £30
    Got drunk, passed out and don't remember the night before -- £20
    Went skinny dipping -- £5
    Had sex in a pool -- £20
    Kissed someone of the same sex -- £10
    Had a sexual experience with the same sex -- £20
    Cheated on your significant other -- £10
    Masturbated -- £10
    Cheated on your significant other with their relative or close friend -- £20
    Done oral -- £5
    Got oral -- £5
    Done / got oral in a vehicle while it was moving -- £25
    Stole something -- £10
    Stolen your best friends partner £50
    Had sex with someone in jail -- £25
    Made a nasty home video or took pictures -- £15
    Had a threesome -- £50
    Had sex in public -- £20
    Been in the same room while someone was having sex --£25
    Stole something worth over more than a hundred quid-- £20
    Had sex with someone older -- £20
    Had sex with someone under the age accepted by rule of thumb (half your age plus 7) -- £25
    Been in love with two people or more at the same time-- £50
    Said you love someone but didn't mean it -- £25
    Went streaking -- £5
    Went streaking in broad daylight -- £15
    Been arrested -- £5
    Spent time in jail -- £15
    Pissed in the pool -- £0.50
    Played spin the bottle -- £5
    Done something you regret -- £20
    Had sex with your best friend -- £20
    Had sex with someone you work with at work -- £25
    Had unprotected anal sex -- £80
    Lied to your mate -- £5
    Lied to your mate about the sex being good -- £25

ReputationRep:
    lets face it - playing spin the bottle with people from the next block could have resulted in kissing someone you don't know. chill

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what you're talking about, so I'm just going to say, talk to him. That's usually a good answer! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't worry too much. I mean if you're in a LDR you've no choice but to trust him and if the fact that he randomly kissed someone a while ago is bothering you and making you question him then I personally think you need to reassess your relationship. Lots of people do stupid things at some point, often when they first go to university. He didn't cheat on you, you have been together for a while, so either get over it and just forget it all or ask yourself if there's more to it than a Facebook quiz.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait, I get it now. Stop being paranoid OP! And how is kissing someone for a dare in Freshers' week a week after a split any worse than starting a new relationship 'straight after' coming out of a 3 year one?

There is no problem here (excluding your general craziness), stop trying to create one.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness me this is why the world is better without time wasters like "My fine". What you don't know won't hurt you.

(Original post by EskimoJo)
    Oh wait, I get it now. Stop being paranoid OP! And how is kissing someone for a dare in Freshers' week a week after a split any worse than starting a new relationship 'straight after' coming out of a 3 year one?

There is no problem here (excluding your general craziness), stop trying to create one.
    Aha I knowww. Its very complicated - general jist being his ex was literally not right in the head and had him so battered down so badly he was only with her because he thought he wasn't worth anybody else and he felt sorry for her because she was always telling him she'd be nothing without him est. (manipulative cow). We'd been best mates for 2 years, then he finally made a move

So yeah thinking about it wouldn't be surprising if he decided to liberate himself and do the dare because he didn't even like his ex.

I'm just going to stop being crazy now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Aha I knowww. Its very complicated - general jist being his ex was literally not right in the head and had him so battered down so badly he was only with her because he thought he wasn't worth anybody else and he felt sorry for her because she was always telling him she'd be nothing without him est. (manipulative cow). We'd been best mates for 2 years, then he finally made a move

So yeah thinking about it wouldn't be surprising if he decided to liberate himself and do the dare because he didn't even like his ex.

I'm just going to stop being crazy now.
    Good! Think how great it must have felt for him to be free from that! And don't worry, I'll never reveal who you really are!

ReputationRep:
    I don't get what the problem is.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yet another relationship insecurity due to something related to facebook

ReputationRep:
    Haha I actually really like facebook and find it soo useful - but I can see why people say "facebook destroys relationships" now..
    Bloody hell

ReputationRep:
    Freshers' makes people crazier than they usually are. There's stuff I did in Freshers' that I'd never done before and doubt I'll ever do again! Relax.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.