Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get completely thrown off by the first question?

I hated 1b, thought I'd done it wrong by only getting 1 answer when it said 'stationary POINTS', went back and re-did it at the end, getting 3 answers. Then riiight at the end, I decided to graph the equation and see there was only 1 point of intersection... fml. And eff their bad wording!
    The rest however was alright, besides the one where you had to get the answer to qy(1+y^2) as I could only get it to q(1+y^2). :/
    The final question (6 mark integration by substitution) was LOVELY.

ReputationRep:
    crap, missed this (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1138003) thread, delete please

ReputationRep:
    Apparently this was :facepalm2: exam of the century...?

I don't know since I don't do AQA but a girl I know does AQA and she has her exam in June so if it was i'm glad for her because I want her to do amazing and not have a dodgy paper.

How did everyone find it anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Imo it was pretty much the nastiest paper they've set for that module, ever.
    The first question was more like one you'd expect to see at the end of the paper.

ReputationRep:
    It was definately harder than any other core 3 papers I have looked at. I went in feeling well prepared, but was completely thrown off right from the first question. Im already planning my retake in june...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 16, 2010

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.