Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! just wondering if anybody can give me some advice! I have always wanted to work in the field of denistry but when applying for university i did not have the right A-levels (I did chemistry, business studies and french, but biology was required) so i decided to do accounting and management which I enjoyed at school. Now in my 3rd year, I have very little interest in accounting and still want to pursue a career in dentistry. what would be the best way for me to do this, or is it not possible now? do you get finance for doing dentistry as a second degree? and also what about dental hygiene?

sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere but I couldnt find any information relevant to my situation!

Thanks!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by shelly_t88)
    Hey! just wondering if anybody can give me some advice! I have always wanted to work in the field of denistry but when applying for university i did not have the right A-levels (I did chemistry, business studies and french, but biology was required) so i decided to do accounting and management which I enjoyed at school. Now in my 3rd year, I have very little interest in accounting and still want to pursue a career in dentistry. what would be the best way for me to do this, or is it not possible now? do you get finance for doing dentistry as a second degree? and also what about dental hygiene?

sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere but I couldnt find any information relevant to my situation!

Thanks!!
    Firstly, I think you should finish off your degree in accounting and finance. Next, you can apply to dental schools offering the 6 year course. They offer a year "0" where you are taught the science knowledge they expect. This is specifically for students who did not take the required A levels. It is very competetive though.

I don't know about your other two questions though, sorry.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.