Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone given money to the Haiti earthquake fund? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to make a donation, I'm just trying to look round to see which charity takes the least money from what you donate to use for other funds.

Has anyone else donatedmoney to any charities as a result of the earthquake?

I was reading the newspaper this morning on the tube, and it was unbelievably heartbreaking to see the photos of the devastation it's caused.. very sad

ReputationRep:
    I gave £30, its easy just go to the website with a credit or debit card.

http://www.dec.org.uk/

The DEC pool money I believe to these 13 different charities

http://www.dec.org.uk/who_we_are/dec_members.html

ReputationRep:
    I have no intention of donating a penny, it's haiti's problem not mine

ReputationRep:
    yeppers i donated it through red cross

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i tried on the day the news broke, but couldnt the site then. Now i cant find my card so gona post cash/cheque.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baz1990)
    What the hell is wrong with you? Thousands are dying and you couldn't give a ****...ever heard of empathy, sympathy .etc. Fair enough if you don't want to donate but that comment is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    nope...i should but i have nothing to give

ReputationRep:
    i think it is great that angelina jolie gave $1m to doctors without limits though

ReputationRep:
    Prepare for a huge amount of quotations, with the same message as mine.

You're an ignorant *******.

ReputationRep:
    i would like to
    but as of now i'm broke

ReputationRep:
    That is truly a disturbingly callous thing to say, especially with a sort of strangely-nonchalent, dismissive offhandedness. There are newly-orphaned children with absolutely no idea what to do or where to go, bodies lining the streets, thousands still trapped, and very little time left to prevent starvation, dehydration and disease coming to the forefront of the disaster, and you don't care? How dare you?

Every new news report is devastatingly tragic. I feel terrified for Haiti.

ReputationRep:

what is your problem ???
    these people are humans just like you ..if something like this ever happened to you how would you feel if no one cared?

You're disgusting :mad:

ReputationRep:
    nope, if there was an earthquake where I lived Haiti would not give me money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You-Rock-My-World)
    Haiti has no money.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm ok there's obviously some very nasty trolls in here.. but whatever, they're not worth wasting time over.

There's a lot of people who have donated, makes me happy when people from all over the world pull together to help each other out.. mankind does have it's moments of niceness and selflessness (sp?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You-Rock-My-World)
    This is ridiculous, and frankly offensive. Of course it wouldn't - it's one of the poorest nations on Earth. It could not give you money. It doesn't have the capacity. It's like saying 'Oh look, a small child is drowning. I could jump in a try to save her, but probably won't because if I were drowning, no 2-year-olds would come to save me'.

Morality isn't something you sell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antithesis)
    This is ridiculous, and frankly offensive. Of course it wouldn't - it's one of the poorest nations on Earth. It could not give you money. It doesn't have the capacity. It's like saying 'Oh look, a small child is drowning. I could jump in a try to save her, but probably won't because if I were drowning, no 2-year-olds would come to save me'.

Morality isn't something you sell.
    Remind me to +rep you tommorow, i used todays negging that idiot

ReputationRep:
    I donated £6.08... 'cos that was what I had in my paypal balance, which I see as essentially disposable funds. The thing is though that if you think of the tsunami there was all that aid being given but then hardly any could get through for ages. I'm not saying it's exactly the same, but I think the danger is that people may give now in lieu of charities they'd usually give to, which also need the cash (eg Oxfam, Christian Aid).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antithesis)
    That is truly a disturbingly callous thing to say, especially with a sort of strangely-nonchalent, dismissive offhandedness. There are newly-orphaned children with absolutely no idea what to do or where to go, bodies lining the streets, thousands still trapped, and very little time left to prevent starvation, dehydration and disease coming to the forefront of the disaster, and you don't care? How dare you?

Every new news report is devastatingly tragic. I feel terrified for Haiti.

if you think the news reports are devastating then look on documenting reality, they have pictures of the haiti earthquake which you would find devastating.

I am not prepared to subsidise the existence of others.

ReputationRep:
    I've not, and don't intend to. Partly because I can't afford it. But partly because the other countries have got it covered. Also very little aid seems to be getting in at the moment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.