Turn on thread page Beta

passport number change cos of renewal, help watch

ReputationRep:
    im flying to australia in a few weeks.
    when i booked my flight a while ago i had my old passport
    thats now been renewed and i have a new passport number.

does this affect my flight atall??

help.
    just wondering if it affects check in or anything now that i have a diferent passport number to the one i had when i booked?

ReputationRep:
    any help atall?

ReputationRep:
    check with the airline.

ReputationRep:
    If they noted down your passport number when you booked the tickets and/or use scanners at Departure, then you have a problem.

But someone else can confirm it for sure.

Contact the airline either way. It shouldn't cost you as you're not changing the name of the flyer but it depends on the carrier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haft_Hasht_Shish)
    If they noted down your passport number when you booked the tickets and/or use scanners at Departure, then you have a problem.

But someone else can confirm it for sure.

Contact the airline either way. It shouldn't cost you as you're not changing the name of the flyer but it depends on the carrier.
    i booked it online. a good 8 months ago.
    im flying with ethiad airways.
    fingers crossed its not a problem
    :/ kinda worried

ReputationRep:
    Was it direct through etihad or something like STA Travels? If it's the latter, just call them up on the number found on their website.

If through the eithad website: Try to enter the itinerary page and see if you can change details such as Passport Number. Alternatively contact them - http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...ContactUs.aspx

It's better to be safe then sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Call them up, they'll just change the passport number associated with your ticket.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

I wouldn't risk leaving it until the day you travel.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.