Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Music you listen to at the gym/when your working out? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I can really not excercise without Music. The problem is, My IPOD is full with classical music, so I have hardly got any up beat songs. When I am at gym I usually listen to the music thats playing, but thats usually really crap music.

Suggestions would be helpful!

ReputationRep:
    The Prodigy - Warriors Dance, this is a must have when doing a cardio work out. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibelongtoslytherin)
    Hey, I can really not excercise without Music. The problem is, My IPOD is full with classical music, so I have hardly got any up beat songs. When I am at gym I usually listen to the music thats playing, but thats usually really crap music.

I dunno I blast out ye old rap music..but when (the very few times) i go to the gym theres usually really loud poppy upbeat music anways..

ReputationRep:
    I would personally go with hard rock, anything fast paced, i did used to go with things like dragonforce or aerosmith, ACDC or the killers... I also wacked out the old drum n bass due to the amazing beat you can get out of that, it's surprising how it keeps the pace going

ReputationRep:
    Nothing better in my personal opinion than ENNIO MORRICONE soundtracks in the gym. I was listening to his "LE MARGINAL" soundtrack last week, and it certainly kept my pace going . Try and give it a go, GREAT music

ReputationRep:
    Usually something like the essential mix

ReputationRep:
    I don't listen to music there, no time for amusement in the gym .

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, anything with a good beat to it. I like dance music for cardio and sometimes more rocky stuff for resistance training. This type of music sounds best when your heart rate is up.

ReputationRep:
    These threads should really be made into a sticky
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    podrunner would give you downloads to train to. 1 hr mixes at a constant BPM - perfect for the cross trainers etc

amon amarth, children of bodom, disturbed, dragonforce, rammstein

"go heavy or go home"

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Listen to something epic classical music, like Walkürenritt. I listen to classical somedays, metal others.

ReputationRep:

Eric Pydz call on me

ReputationRep:

I download radio 1's chart show and listen to it. But whenever I workout like do weights my headset falls off my ears....annoyin.

ReputationRep:
    The Rocky theme tune

Eye of the Tiger

ReputationRep:
    I normally cant stand Metal music, but it's generally what I listen to when I'm lifting at the Gym, just gives me that extra boost while your getting those last reps out.

Personally quite like :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-744BG0kEI

And if you like classical music why not Wagners Ride of The Valkyries?

ReputationRep:
    Something that makes uu want to me move .. Queen - Dont Stop Me Now is a good one or Ke$ha - Tik Tok

ReputationRep:
    I know this might not help, but any upbeat with a regular rhythm. Most of the music out now is quite quick paced, with the exception of the ballads...

ReputationRep:
    Right now I've got both Bullet for my Valentine albums on shuffle+repeat. It changes occasionally though when I get bored.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.