Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have a small cyst on both my eyes. I do get these quite often and I just wanted to know if anyone knows whether it would be ok for me to wear make-up over them? I am worried to in case it aggravates the cyst and makes it worse.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Get antibacterial eyedrops- Fucithalmic Acid from your doctor. That should acutally remove/reduce the cyst!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c0nfus3d)
    Get antibacterial eyedrops- Fucithalmic Acid from your doctor. That should acutally remove/reduce the cyst!
    I have used eyedrops before and they don't work much for me so I just mostly have to wait for them to go down on their own

ReputationRep:
    I have a cyst on each eye! They used to be much more inflamed, then I took the prescribed penicillin but they never disappeared(it's been about four years now!)

The doctor then suggested the mini op which involves upturning the eyelids, making a small incision and draining the cyst...but I know one person who got this, and now feels like their eyelids are permanently turned upwards! So I'm now too scared to have it!

Er sorry, that was off-topic...I wear make-up but I've heard you're not supposed to. I didn't wear it for a while but nothing much happened, and they are still there so I've now given up, and am back to wearing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devski)
    I have used eyedrops before and they don't work much for me so I just mostly have to wait for them to go down on their own

How bad are they?

ReputationRep:
    How bad are they?
    Their quite small but can sometimes become quite large. (I have one on each eye now)

ReputationRep:
    Their quite small but can sometimes become quite large. (I have one on each eye now)
    If they're red, I'd suggest using skin- colour eye shadow or foundation to reduce the colour. If you're worried about inflammation, the foundation etc should do the trick. Also, use mascara and eyeliner to draw the attention away from the cysts when they get bad. Likewise, you could do it with dark eyeshadow or even, just a swept fringe.

Have you been to the doctors? I have heard you can get them removed.

Hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    If they're red, I'd suggest using skin- colour eye shadow or foundation to reduce the colour. If you're worried about inflammation, the foundation etc should do the trick. Also, use mascara and eyeliner to draw the attention away from the cysts when they get bad. Likewise, you could do it with dark eyeshadow or even, just a swept fringe.

Have you been to the doctors? I have heard you can get them removed.

Hope I helped
    Thanks for the advice I will definetly try that i haven't been to the doctors but i do bath them most days which seems to be helping at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice I will definetly try that i haven't been to the doctors but i do bath them most days which seems to be helping at the moment
    Cool
    Tell me how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    hey just to give an update, the cysts did go with what i was doing but i've got more now gonna try go to the doctors about it (will be able to next week cos i've got to have my final cervical cancer injection)

ReputationRep:
    oooh i used to get these ALL the time, but i used to just go to bed with my make-up on -im very forgetfull- but now i just take my make-up off as soon as i come home so i dont have it on ALL day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twihard!)
    oooh i used to get these ALL the time, but i used to just go to bed with my make-up on -im very forgetfull- but now i just take my make-up off as soon as i come home so i dont have it on ALL day
    yeah i always take my make-up all the time cos i know it gives u bad spots and cysts

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.