Turn on thread page Beta

Moss Court watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for accommodation for my 2nd year.
    Im currently at New Medlock and I know how bad it is, but I only found out since I got here.

Is anyone at Moss Court now, what are the pros and cons? Im happy with the distance from it to MMU so dont worry about that.

Also how is the internet there?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for a viewing there on Monday. I'll update you then and tell you the experience.

:woo:

Have you found any other potential halls? ?(private, ofc)

ReputationRep:
    Too far from the centre IMHO and not in a good location- (Small estate close by). Inside was fairly decent though!

ReputationRep:
    Why is the small estate nearby bad?

ReputationRep:
    I'm living there at the moment, it's a really nice building and great flats, but personally I would have preferred to live in student halls with more people living there, as there are only about 80/90 students here!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good then, I will probably go there next year

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, the area isn't bad at all! Too far from centre is rubbish, it's just off Oxford Road and takes 10 mins on the bus or 25 mins to walk. I live on the street behind it and Moss Court takes up my entire bedroom view but seriously this area is not bad. You start going further down Moss Lane East or further up Playfair Street and it gets worrying, but this bit? A-OK.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.